If you follow the C-G method, then you'd know that heat styling curls is a complete no-no. Curly hair is pretty thick and very difficult to dry, which is why most women resort to taking help from the hairdryer. This becomes like a vicious cycle that damages curly locks. As a solution to this problem, this blog will discuss methods of quickly drying curly hair without heat.
How Can I Dry My Hair Naturally Without Heat?
Curly hair is prone to dryness and is quite difficult to manage as well. Keeping curly hair frizz-free is a struggle for curly-haired beauties. Curly girls often wish they had an answer for most of their common hair queries, such as how to treat dry and frizzy hair or how to dry curly hair without a diffuser. Blowing your hair dry, frequently touching your curls, and excessive use of styling products can damage your tresses, making them appear frizzy and dry. In this blog, we will try to provide answers to most of your hair queries, such as how to dry curly hair without a diffuser, how to air dry curly hair, how to treat dry and frizzy hair. Here are the best methods to dry your curls without heat to keep them defined and frizz-free.
Also Read : 15 Tested Home Remedies For Frizzy Hair
- Air Dry
- T-Shirt Wrapping Method
- Using a Micro-fibre Towel
- Finger Combing
- Clipping the Roots
Let's discuss the above 5 ways to dry your curls without heat in detail.
1. Air Dry
Air drying is the best way to have structured and well-defined curls as you are not subjecting your curls to heat. Here is how to air dry curly hair.
- Blot your hair with a microfiber towel or t-shirt to remove excess moisture.
- Make sure to apply your leave-in conditioner before styling and scrunch a good amount of product into your curls from the end towards the roots.
- Let it air dry, avoid touching as it can damage the shape of your curls.
ANVEYA CURLY HAIR CARE COMBO
2. T-Shirt Wrapping Method
Our grandmothers and great-grandmothers were using this technique back in the 20th century. This technique is still very useful today. All you need to do is grab a cotton shirt. You'll have structured, well-defined curls and a faster drying time with less frizz. All you need to do is
- Place the t-shirt on the center of the table or top of the counter.
- It is best to flip your hair forward and place your hanging locks in the middle of the t-shirt.
- Wrap the t-shirt and tie it so that your hair will stay in place.
- Let it dry. Wait for 1 hour before you unravel it.
- The result is neatly defined curls without the use of heat styling.
3. Use A Micro-fibre Towel
Despite everyone's preference for towel drying to dry their hair, it's not the best method. Cotton towels can cause frizz and damage your strands. But there are other options as well! Instead of a cotton towel, you can use a micro-fiber towel that is gentle on your curls. Moreover, a micro-fiber towel absorbs water more easily as compared to a cotton towel. Wrap your hair in the towel turban using a microfibre towel and let it dry. You will not have to worry about damaging your curls with this hair drying technique.
4. Finger Combing
Use your fingers to untangle your locks. Start from the tips of your hair and gently work your way up. Avoid pulling or tugging as it can cause hair breakage. If you start from the roots, you will encounter more knots, which can be exacerbated as you go down. Once you feel that your curls are properly untangled, you can apply a lightweight leave-in conditioner or an anti-frizz cream along the length of your curls, starting from mid-length towards the roots. Using a sea salt spray is another option. The smooth and slippery texture of the leave-in product will help you manage the curls and nourish them as the hair dries.
Also Read : Use The Finest Homemade Conditioners To Get Luxurious and Bouncy Curls!
5. Clip The Roots
This method can be tricky if you are trying it for the first time. You may want to know what the term - clipping the roots means. In this method, clips are used at the root of your curls to give them volume and height. Clipping the roots boosts limp curls, adding lift and volume to heavier textures while it dries. Different clips are available in the market, such as single prong metal clips, double prong metal clips, single prong vinyl clips, and duckbill clips. You can choose your favourite pick among these. Follow these simple steps to clip the roots to have structured curls without applying heat.
- Lean over the side, so your damp hair lifts away from the head.
- It is recommended that duckbill clips be inserted at the roots, with the mouths of each clip pointing away from the roots.
- You may repeat this step several times at the crown of your head.
- Leave the clip in the same position for 15-20 mins while your hair dries. After that, carefully take them out.
- Make sure that you remove the clips gently; else, you may end up pulling or tugging your hair which can cause hair breakage.
- You can try any of these heatless drying techniques. We'd love to hear which method works best for you!
Also Read : 6 Best DIY Heat Protectants For Your Hair
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.