Best Natural Oils For Hair Growth And Thickness
Healthy hair growth is on everyone's agenda. Since hair is one of the most beautiful parts of your looks, it also requires deserving care and nourishment. Natural oils have been used to provide that nourishment since forever. Some of the best natural oils for promoting hair growth and thickness have been shortlisted for you here.
1. Castor Hair Oil
Castor oil makes for a wonderful carrier oil. It has been known to improve blood circulation in the scalp. One of the most popular varieties of castor oil, Jamaican black castor oil, is said to be the best in improving the thickness of one’s hair.
Castor oil also helps maintain the pH level of the scalp, keeping dandruff at bay. Its antioxidant properties give the hair an extra smoothness and shine.
ANVEYA JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL, COLD-PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Jamaican Black Castor oil is a popular and natural oil for HAIR HEALTH & GROWTH
- Antioxidant properties of Jamaican Black Castor Oil helps FIGHT THE SIGNS OF AGEING SKIN
- Omega-9-rich Jamaican Black Castor Oil is popular for BEARD GROWTH & CARE.
- PROMOTING THICKNESS, LENGTH & GROWTH of eyebrows & eyelashes
2. Bhingraj Hair Oil
This oil is known to stimulate the hair follicles thereby promoting hair growth, especially in dormant hair follicles. Moreover used with another oil such as amla, it makes for a great massage oil.
3. Olive Hair Oil
Olive oil is used as a carrier oil in various oil blends. On its own too, it has beneficial properties such as softening the hair, providing moisture to it, naturally making it more manageable and ensuring that it grows thicker over time and more voluminous and denser. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fatty acids and certain essential nutrients all of which aid in nourishing and strengthening the hair from the roots till the tips of your hair.
4. Argan Hair Oil
This oil is extremely beneficial for hair and scalp health and is used as a great conditioner. It contains a large amount of Vitamin E, which is a nutrient vital in promoting hair growth as Vitamin E contains antioxidants because of which argan oil boosts hair growth and hair repair, thus producing healthy hair.
Why don't you check out Moroccan Argan Oil from Anveya. The combination of Vitamin E and fatty acids present in argan oil fights hair damage and helps restore bounce, shine and volume to your locks.
MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Great for CURLY HAIR & FRIZZY OR DRY HAIR.
- Regulates sebum and controls ACNE BREAKOUTS.
- Vitamin E & anti-oxidant rich – combats the SIGNS OF AGEING.
- Hydrates NAILS & LIPS
5. Sesame Hair Oil
This oil is rich with fatty acids. It has linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, etcetera. It additionally contains a large amount of vitamins E and K. These nutrients and fatty acids help in promoting the production of sebum which is essential to the health and condition of your hair.
Also Read : Top 10 Benefits of Sesame Oil (Til) for Hair
6. Coconut Hair Oil
It gives hair, a healthy, soft, and shiny feel. Moreover it is a natural moisturizer rich in vitamin E and antioxidants which helps repair damaged hair. Coconut oil prevents hair breakage and even split ends. Used with other oils it acts miraculously fast in providing good care of hair health.
7. Jojoba Hair Oil
Jojoba oil enhances the strength, shine, and manageability of your hair by promoting better moisture retaining abilities. Moreover, it is helpful in treating dry scalp and dandruff problems. Read more about how Jojoba oil nourishes hair.
Incase, you are looking good quality jojoba oil you should definitely try Anveya Jojoba Oil. It is Nature’s own makeup remover. Packed with antioxidants, Vitamin E and B5, this anti-inflammatory oil is your one-stop shop for all your hair and skin concerns!
JOJOBA OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100 ML
- Natural and best way to WIPE OFF MAKEUP.
- Rich in Vitamin C, E, B, copper, and zinc to nourish the HAIR.
- Vitamin E and B-complex vitamins help SKIN REPAIR and damage control.
- Antioxidants provide ANTI-AGEING EFFECTS.
Top 6 Base Oils That Are Best For Hair Growth
Carrier oils, also known as base oils, are used to dilute essential oils before the essential oils are applied to the skin or hair. They are called carrier oils because they ‘carry’ the essential oil onto the skin. Diluting essential oils is an essential and critical safety practice or procedure when using essential oils.
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil is heavy but it makes a fabulous unscented body and scalp lotion.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is light and can be an excellent base oil. Fractionated coconut oil is basically coconut oil with some of the fatty acids removed. Unlike raw, cold-pressed coconut oil which is semi-solid to solid depending on the ambient temperature, fractionated coconut oil stays liquid. While some people may prefer fractionated coconut oil for convenience reasons, the cold-pressed unrefined coconut oil is said to be more nutritious and healthy for the hair.
3. Jojoba Oil
Unlike some other carrier oils, jojoba does not become rancid. Neither does it oxidize. It has an indefinite shelf life and will help extend the shelf life of your essential oil mixes and blends. For the best blends store the mixtures in dark, glass bottles or in glass bottles that are kept away from the light. Essential oils are sensitive to light and lose their effectiveness if left in the open, with prolonged exposure to the air.
4. Argan Oil
Argan Oil is packed with Vitamin A, which speeds cell turnover. It is an excellent carrier oil for use with anti-aging essential oils. It has an aroma which is nutty, and is rich in vitamins A, E, and monounsaturated fatty acids. Uses: Argan oil can help treat dry hair, wrinkles, and skin inflammation. This makes argan oil a terrific carrier oil for general skin care and for massage oils.
5. Castor Oil
Castor oil is known as a therapeutic carrier oil for it naturally boosts immunity, increases circulation to the reproductive organs, helps promote detoxification, and even reduces pain and inflammation.
6. Grapeseed Oil
Grapeseed oil is a byproduct of the process of winemaking. Grape seed oil is lightweight, easily absorbed by the skin, and has a neutral scent, it is perfect as a massage oil and easily blends with other essential oils and imbibes their scent.
Top 4 Essential Oils That Are Best For Hair Growth
1. Lavender Oil
The benefits of this essential oil are primarily to deep condition your hair, keep it lustrous, and control dandruff. It is a calming and soothing essential oil which aids in promoting hair growth.
Why don't you check out This heady fragrance promotes better sleep and reduces fatigue. Widely used in cosmetics and perfumery, we recommend adding lavender oil to your skin and hair care regime.
ANVEYA BULGARIAN LAVENDER OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- Its floral scent is great for RELAXATION & CALM SLEEP
- Use for Healthy HAIR & DANDRUFF RELIEF
- FACE CARE: Anti-inflammatory properties help Acne and Scars.
- MASSAGE & AROMATHERAPY: natural soothing oil for mind and body
2. Peppermint Oil
This oil is primarily known for its cooling properties and its help in reducing hair fall. It has antimicrobial and anti inflammatory properties which helps in reducing dandruff and any other possible scalp irritation. Peppermint essential oil contains menthol which is a vasodilator, meaning, it helps improve blood flow. Since baldness is caused due to the starved blood flow to hair follicles, increasing circulation using this oil can considerably help treat the problem. Moreover it has a fresh smell and leaves a tingly sensation on the skin.
Why don't you check out Anveya Peppermint Essential Oil. It encourages living the good life by promoting the well-being of your skin, hair, body and home.
ANVEYA PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- COLD & CONGESTION: used as a decongestant
- HAIR & SCALP HEALTH: soothes the scalp, preventing dryness
- Good source of Vitamin E Benefits for SKIN
- A natural PAIN RELIEVER
3. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil helps primarily in stimulating the roots of your hair, thereby increasing circulation in the scalp and improving hair growth by stimulating dormant hair follicles.
4. Thyme Oil
Thyme oil not only increases the blood flow to your scalp, rejuvenating hair follicles which will then facilitate hair growth, it is even used as a cure for dandruff in some cases. It is known to be added to shampoos and hair products aimed at preventing hair loss. However it should always be kept in consideration that thyme is a potent oil so it should be used in moderation or in a diluted state using a carrier oil.
Homemade Oil Recipes For Hair Growth And Thickness
1. Citrus Hair Oil
This recipe can help with hair growth as well as reducing dandruff, promoting a healthier scalp.
- 1 tablespoon of orange and lemon peel powder.
- 100 ml carrier oil, preferably olive oil or coconut oil.
- A pan.
- A strainer.
How To Make
- You need to prepare the peel powder in the beginning. So, dry some lemon and orange peels in the Sun until they begin to harden. This will take a couple of days. Once hard, grind the peels to a fine powder. Or you could save time by just buying orange and yellow peel powder.
- Heat your carrier oil in a pan. Add a tablespoon of citrus powder to this oil. Make sure that you are using a cold pressed oil as those tend to retain more nutrients than other oils.
- Heat the oil until it starts to spew fumes and then take it off the stove.
- Strain the oil and set aside 2 tablespoons for usage and store the rest in an air-tight container.
How To Use
- Massage the oil into your scalp for about fifteen minutes and then work it through the length of your hair gently. Leave it on for an additional 45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a sulfate free shampoo and then condition. Let your hair air dry after squeezing any additional water out of it.
Repeat this twice or thrice a week. Citrus peels are a rich source of Vitamin C and have excellent anti inflammatory properties, additionally coconut or olive oil are wonderful at stimulating hair growth and moisturizing. Therefore this recipe works well to improve the overall health of your scalp and hair.
2. Jamaican Black Castor Oil Blend
This recipe can help you maintain thick hair and can stimulate hair growth.
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed coconut oil
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 6 drops rosemary essential oil
How To Make
The process is very simple, all you have to do is mix the essential oils together in a bowl and heat it slightly until lukewarm.
How To Use
- Massage the blend into your scalp for about a quarter of an hour. Then, work it through the length of your hair. Leave it on for an additional 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a sulfate free shampoo and then proceed to condition it. The shampoo and the conditioner should both be mild.
- Afterwards, squeeze out the excessive water in your hair and let it air dry.
Castor oil has properties which are beneficial for thickening your hair and maintaining that thickness. It helps in stimulating hair growth and form dormant follicles whilst strengthening and maintaining the health of your hair shafts. In combination with the other essential oils, this blend is perfect to increase the volume of your hair as well as to moisturize and strengthen it.
3. Moisturizing Hair Blend
This blend helps moisturize your hair as well as promote hair growth.
- 5 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- Half a pint of any carrier oil of your choice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
How To Make
- Mix together both essential oil and carrier oil in a bowl. Heat this mixture.
- Add half a teaspoon of sugar.
How To Use
Directly apply onto your scalp. Massage for about 10 minutes. The sugar helps in soothing the itchy areas on your scalp. Wash off later with a mild shampoo and conditioner. Squeeze off the excess water later and air dry.
Cedarwood essential oil is a great help in soothing your scalp and giving you a calm feeling while aiding in moisturizing your hair greatly. This blend is particularly useful for those suffering from a dry, itchy scalp. The sugar helps in dealing with the itchiness.
4. Hair Thickening Blend
- 30 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 30 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 30 drops of clary sage essential oil
- 3 ounces of jojoba oil
- Glass bottle
How To Make
Simply combine all the oils together in the glass bottle and shake well.
How To Use
Directly apply onto your scalp. Massage for about 10 minutes. Let it rest for twenty minutes. Wash off later with a mild shampoo and conditioner. The blend helps in thickening your hair and is quite voluminous, so you may have to use the shampoo twice. Squeeze off the excess water later and air dry. Or additionally, you can leave it all overnight and then wash it off in the morning.
The blend smells wonderful giving your hair a wonderful fragrance and is a powerful moisturizing concoction which helps increase the circulation in your scalp and stimulates your hair follicles. Since this is a concentrated recipe, dilute according using jojoba oil on the basis of the sensitivity of your skin.
5. Hibiscus Blend
This blend utilizes hibiscus leaves for a nourishing homemade recipe to stimulate hair growth and repair.
- 5 Hibiscus flowers and 5 leaves of the same
- 100 ml cold pressed Coconut oil
How To Make
- Crush the hibiscus flowers and leaves until you obtain a smooth pulp
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and add the pulp
- Heat the mixture until it starts to fume and then turn off the heat
- Strain the oil and put aside 2 tablespoons for usage while storing the rest away in an air-tight container.
How To Use
- Use the oil to massage it into your scalp for about fifteen minutes and then work it through the rest of the length of your hair. Leave it on for another 45 minutes.
- Wash your hair properly with a sulfate-free shampoo and then proceed to condition, both products should be mild.
- Squeeze the excess water out of your hair after you’re done washing it, and then let your hair air dry.
Hibiscus being rich in amino acids as well as Vitamin C, helps in nourishing our hair by providing necessary nutrients to stimulate hair growth from dormant follicles. This blend is useful in conditioning, avoiding hair fall and strengthening hair roots.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.