Face rollers and Gua sha stones are all the rage at the moment, but are they just another marketing gimmick? Can they do something extra that our fingers cannot do? Let's discuss Gua sha, face rollers, their benefits, and whether they are necessary or just another addition to an already elaborate skincare regime.
What Is Gua Sha?
Gua sha technique has been practised for thousands of years and has been considered a tool in traditional Chinese medicine. Gua sha, which means ‘stroking,’ has long been used by traditional Chinese medicine practitioners for stimulating blood circulation, enhancing the immune system, and improving the movement of ‘chi’ (referred to as energy) in the body. It helps reduce pain, inflammation and swelling.
Benefits Of Gua Sha Tool
Very recently Gua sha technique has gained momentum in the beauty industry. Gua sha stone is becoming increasingly popular among the beauty fraternity because of its skincare benefits. Let's have a quick look at the skincare benefits of the Gua sha tool.
- Facilitates facial lymphatic drainage
- Reduces inflammation prevents breakout
- Improves blood circulation
- Effectively sculpts and contours your face
- Helps with skincare product penetration
- Its facial massage helps to relax your body.
How Does Gua Sha Work
Gua sha facial massage performed by the professionals helps increase blood circulation, reduces inflammation by stimulating lymphatic drainage and accelerates the healing mechanism of your skin. Gua sha technique is considered to be a ‘natural botox’ for your skin as the strokes of Gua sha helps uplift your skin. Increased blood circulation effectively reduces early signs of ageing. Applying slight pressure on the pressure points helps relieve muscle tension and alleviates headaches.
What Is Face Roller?
Now that you have a clear understanding of the Gua sha tool let's move on to the face roller. It is similar to gua sha but much easier to use as compared to gua sha as you need not stare at the mirror while applying a face roller on your face. Face roller can be a convenient option for boosting blood circulation and improving lymphatic drainage. It helps to smoothen out your skin, making your skin look and feel vibrant.
Also Read : All You Need to Know About Dermaroller
Benefits Of Face Roller
Face rollers have a super relaxing effect on your skin. It is more convenient to use. One of the best-selling face rollers is the jade roller available on Amazon. Even the Rose quartz roller benefits are aplenty.
- Reduces the appearance of early signs of ageing
- Improves lymphatic drainage, thereby eliminating toxins from the body, giving you healthy and clear skin
- Improves blood circulation
- Stimulates the skin cell renewal process
- Reduces puffiness of the skin by assisting in lymphatic drainage
- It accelerates the healing mechanism of the skin
- It has a cooling and relaxing effect on your skin, making it look fresh and rejuvenated
- Minimizes the appearance of pores
How Does Face Roller Work?
Just like gua sha, a face roller effectively reduces skin inflammation, redness by promoting blood circulation and increasing lymphatic drainage. It improves product absorption, making your skin soft and smooth. Face roller is considered to be a perfect recipe for healthy, glowing skin as it helps an adequate amount of oxygen to reach the skin cells, brightening the skin. Rolling helps to sculpt and contour your cheekbones, lifts the jawline and brows. Face rollers help increase tissue strength, stimulate lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness and flare-ups
When it comes to face rollers, the jade roller is more popular. You can easily find jade roller on Amazon or any other online shopping sites. But you cannot overlook rose quartz roller benefits as is more of a holistic method of healing. Rose quartz roller which has 2 rose quartz crystals is linked to the heart chakra, hence considered to be a love stone. Rose colour promotes a feeling of warmth, love, peace and being in complete harmony with your inner self, eliminating tension and all the negative thoughts.
How To Use Gua Sha And Face Roller tool?
Before using either of the skincare tools you need to prep your skin. Preparation is similar for both the roller and the gua sha.
Step 1: Cleanse your skin thoroughly.
Step 2: Spray a hydrating mist all over your face and neck.
Step 3: Follow it up with a face oil so as to allow the tools to glide across the skin.
Each of these tools must be applied gently, a gentle touch should be enough.
Key points to remember while using gua sha:
- The tool should always be moved in the direction of lymph nodes
- Start from the inside of your face and work your way out
- Massage the outer sides of the forehead
- Use firm downwards strokes on the neck
- Do not overexert, slight pressure is enough to stimulate the lymphatic system
- Clean your tool properly to avoid the buildup of germs and store it in the refrigerator as the cool touch of the stone can ease inflammation and reduce redness.
Key points to remember while using face roller:
- Use the face roller from the inside towards the outer sides of your face
- On the neck, use the roller downwards
- Roll on the outer sides of the forehead
While Gua Sha and Jade Rollers offer skincare benefits, they are a little too overhyped as well. If you don’t want to buy these expensive tools, you can always use your fingers to give yourself a nice face massage. If done well, your fingers can help with lymphatic drainage and depuff the face, revealing an ethereal glow to your skin. If you plan on using a facial massage tool, always be sure to do your research, read blogs, watch videos and then implement it in your skincare routine, so that you know the right way of using it.
Also Read : Easy Ways To De-Puff Your Face
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.