Your hair has to go through a lot of wear and tear daily. Dirt, dust, pollution, sun rays take a toll on your hair making it dry, dull and frizzy. Curly hair is more prone to damage and dryness. But with personalized haircare treatment, you can pump life into the brittle, dull and damaged curls. One such treatment that can keep your curls healthy and well-defined is Caramel Treatment. It has been the talk of the town due to its ability to retain moisture, keeping your curls well hydrated and nourished. Keep reading to find out more about how beneficial is caramel treatment for you and how to do this at home.
Caramel treatment can be a sure shot remedy for all your hair care woes. If you are struggling with dry, brittle and frizzy hair then this treatment will help to regain your voluminous and bouncy tresses. This is a combination of natural ingredients which are readily available in your kitchen such as banana, honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar. These ingredients are infused with olive oil or almond oil to give your hair intense hydration and nourishment, thus boosting the elasticity of your hair and preventing hair fall.
Benefits Of Caramel Treatment
Let us know more about the perquisites of caramel treatment for your hair. This is a luxurious hair treatment to tame your dry, frizzy and unmanageable curls. This all-natural hair treatment can be easily done at home as it contains only natural ingredients such as banana, caramel, honey, molasses, olive oil or almond oil, apple cider vinegar. You can combine ingredients of your choice depending upon your haircare needs. Let’s have a closer look at the haircare benefits of each ingredient.
- Banana: It adds moisture to your strands and is known to be rich in protein, which is essential to keep your hair healthy. Hence, banana is the main ingredient of caramel treatment.
- Honey: It is rich in antioxidants and revives the damaged strands. Moreover, honey is considered to be a natural humectant.
- Molasses: Natural humectant with the benefits of protein.
- Olive Oil: Keeps your strands well-hydrated and well-nourished, improves the elasticity of your strands.
- Almond Oil: Adds strength to your hair and improves its flexibility.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It is beneficial for maintaining a healthy scalp, preventing dandruff and imparts a natural shine to your hair.
- Cornstarch: Used to thicken the mix.
ANVEYA SWEET ALMOND OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Antioxidant properties fight WRINKLES & SAGGING SKIN
- One of the best oils for MASSAGE
- Rejuvenates dead cells, moisturizes CHAPPED LIPS
Caramel treatment effectively makes your hair soft and shiny as it smoothens out the cuticles and its effect lasts for a few weeks. So you need not make use of any styling tools for your hair. Moreover, this treatment is made from natural ingredients so you don’t have to worry about side effects, thus making it an excellent choice for people with sensitive skin.
DIY Caramel Hair Treatment
You can easily do caramel hair treatment at home with ingredients easily available at your home. Let’s see how to do caramel hair treatment at home.
- Banana – 3 overripe
- Honey- 5 tablespoon
- Molasses- 3 tablespoon
- Olive Oil- 5 tablespoon
- Water- 4-5 tablespoon
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 tablespoon
- Cornstarch- 1 tablespoon
- Take all the ingredients except water into a blender and blend them well to make a smooth paste. You may be required to add water if the mixture looks too dry.
- Sieve the mixture through a fine sieve to ensure that there are no lumps of banana.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and cook on a medium flame. You need not cook the whole mixture, the heat should be enough for cornstarch to gain a thick consistency.
- Switch off the flame after a few minutes and transfer the content into a clean bowl. Let the mixture cool.
- Add little water if you feel the mixture has become too thick, you can add cornstarch if the batter is runny.
- You will get a caramel coloured batter with a thick consistency.
- Your caramel hair treatment is ready to use.
The next stage of Caramel treatment is its application. You should apply this mixture evenly to your scalp and hair. For this, you need to
- Divide the hair into 3-4 sections and clip them.
- Starting from the first section, apply the mixture generously on the roots. Once done, apply the mixture through the whole length of your hair.
- Repeat the same process with other sections also.
- Once you have applied evenly on your hair and scalp, cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Let the treatment rest for 1 hour and wash off with a mild sulfate-free shampoo, apply a conditioner and style as usual.
- For better results, repeat this process once every 2 weeks.
Depending upon your hair type and hair porosity you can increase or decrease the frequency of application. Try to identify the method which works best for you.
If you are a lover of natural products and do not want to expose your tresses to harsh chemicals then caramel hair treatment is for you. You can tame your dry, frizzy and unruly curls gently. As all the ingredients are natural so you don’t have to worry about any side effects. Now nobody can stop your curls from becoming thick, bouncy and shiny.
How Often Should You Do Caramel Treatment On Your Hair?
Caramel hair treatment is beneficial for maintaining healthy, well defined and bouncy curls. The frequency of caramel treatment on your hair depends on the structure of your hair and its porosity. If your hair is extremely dry, you can go for caramel treatment once in a fortnight. On normal hair, caramel treatment lasts for a maximum period of 3-4 weeks, after which you need to repeat the process for the desired result.
How Long Should You Keep The Caramel Treatment On Your Hair?
You need to keep it for at least 1 hour to get the desired result.
Can I style My Hair After Caramel Treatment?
Yes, you can. It makes styling easier as your hair becomes much more soft, smooth and manageable after caramel treatment.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.