Can Lavender Oil Really Help for Better Sleep?
A number of studies and researches show that lavender essential oil works as an excellent remedy for inducing proper sleep and help people who tend to suffer from a chronic lack of healthy sleep. Using lavender oil for better sleep offers a relaxing therapeutic effect on your body and mind that improves your sleep cycle and increases slow-wave sleep naturally. Moreover, lavender oil is safe as it all-natural oil, extracted from the flower spikes of the lavender plant. Pure lavender oil is extremely concentrated so it has to be used in tiny amounts and in dilution with another normal carrier oil before you use it topically on your skin or hair.
What Are the Benefits of Using Lavender Oil for Sleep?
The fact that lavender oil acts as an amazing natural sedative and helps to tranquilise your mind and body is a very significant contributing factor to promote sound sleep as well as treat sleep-related disorders. The compounds in lavender oil are capable of offering instant relief from stress, stabilize your mood and improve sleeping patterns naturally without the use of any harmful chemicals. Lavender oil also helps to make you fall asleep faster due to its soothing aroma that slows down your heartbeat and relaxes muscles. Moreover, inhaling lavender oil is associated with reducing anxiety and depression in women with postpartum depression. Its relaxation effect cools down your brain activity, creating an ideal mindset for a peaceful slumber. Interestingly, along with enhancing the quality of sleep during the night, lavender oil also makes you feel more energetic and active the next morning.
Incase, you are looking for a good quality of Lavender Oil you can check out Lavender Oil from Anveya. This heady fragrance promotes better sleep and reduces fatigue. Widely used in cosmetics and perfumery, we recommend adding lavender oil to your skin and hair care regime.
ANVEYA BULGARIAN LAVENDER OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- Its floral scent is great for RELAXATION & CALM SLEEP
- Use for Healthy HAIR & DANDRUFF RELIEF
- FACE CARE: Anti-inflammatory properties help Acne and Scars.
- MASSAGE & AROMATHERAPY: natural soothing oil for mind and body
Different Ways to Use Lavender Oil for Better Sleep
- The first and foremost way to get better sleep involves you to develop a practice where you retire off to bed every night at the same time. This ensures that your body gets adapted to a sleeping pattern. Eventually, following this process will naturally help to pacify your mind and body so that you can experience the maximum benefit of lavender oil for sound sleep.
- Make sure to keep your room dark or use low lit night lights while you sleep to calm down your brain activity and minimize brain stimulation. You can also listen to soothing music for around 10-15 minutes prior to your designated sleeping time to induce sleep and feel relaxed. Keep in mind to avoid using the computer, phones, tablets and other electronic devices at night for better sleep.
- Now that you are all set and in that peaceful zone, take a drop or two of lavender essential oil on your palms and rub them together to release the mesmerizing essence. Take a nice long deep breath through your nose and inhale the beautiful aroma of lavender oil. Continue inhaling the scent a few more times and notice how effectively it makes you fall asleep.
- If breathing in the direct fragrance of lavender oil feels too strong for you, you can use a diluted version of it. Add 5-6 drops of lavender oil to a cup of distilled water and pour this blend into a spray bottle. Now spray this diluted lavender oil onto your pillow covers and curtains at night so that your room is filled with the sweet essence of lavender.
- You can also pour a couple of drops of lavender oil into a tissue paper and place it on your side table or tuck the lavender oil-infused tissue paper under your pillow. This will generate a mild comforting aroma and keep the area surrounding your bed smell super amazing, which is bound to create an ideal setting for improving your nightlife.
- Another very effective way to use lavender oil for encouraging sound sleep is by massaging diluted lavender oil on your feet before going off to sleep. Mix few drops of pure lavender essential oil with two teaspoons of any warm base oil such as olive oil or jojoba oil. Now gently apply this oil blend on your feet to reduce stress, improve blood circulation and treat sleeping disorders like insomnia.
- Invest in lavender-scented body lotions or add in a drop of lavender oil to your regular moisturizer before applying it on your face at night. This not only helps to stabilize your sleep pattern but also offer a wide range of skincare benefits that perks up skin health.
- You can indulge in warm lavender oil infused baths or take a shower using lavender oil containing products before hitting the sheets at night. This will evoke a calming sensation in your body and help you to fall asleep faster. You can also add Epsom salt to your bath water for extra soothing experience and relieve muscle ache.
- Topically applying lavender oil on a few selected spots in your body before hitting the bed acts a natural way to lull you into better-quality sleep. This is because it is easier to smell the molecules from these areas. Such spots include your temples, wrists and forehead as well as the delicate area directly below your neck.
- If you're struggling to get a good night's sleep, one of the most sought-after remedies involves the use of lavender oil for aromatherapy with the help of a plug-in essential oil diffuser. Allow the diffuser to fill your room with the gentle, soothing fragrance of lavender oil and then switch off the diffuser right before you plan to sleep.
- To understand the reason why lavender essential oil is widely recognized as a natural sleep aid, you can simply sprinkle a few drops of the oil on the corners of your room at night. This keeps your house disinfected and smelling fresh along with inducing deep, peaceful sleep.
- Although the concept of salt-pipe inhaler isn’t that popular, you can use it with lavender oil to improve your sleep quality. A salt-pipe inhaler contains Himalayan pink salt and after lavender oil is added, inhaling the particles from both the salt and the essential oil offers a calming effect that hits directly to your respiratory system and body.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.