Mother's Day: This year, Mother’s Day in India will be celebrated on the 10th of May, Sunday. People all across the world celebrate Mother’s Day on different dates but in India, the second Sunday of the month of May is officially acknowledged as Mother’s Day.
Why Is Mother's Day Celebrated?
The occasion of Mother’s Day was initially organized by the Greeks and Romans in the ancient era to pay homage to their maternal goddesses on the special event of the annual spring festival. Amongst the Christians, Mother’s Day was considered as a festivity to pay tribute to the Virgin Mary by offering gifts and flowers to Her. This early Christian festival came to be known as “Mothering Sunday” and was widely popular in the United Kingdom and parts of Europe. On the other hand, Mother’s Day in the US has turned out to be an official event since the year 1872, thanks to the ideas put forward by Julia Ward Howe. In the modern-day context, the tradition of Mother’s Day has shifted into a more secular periphery and people observe this day with great spirit and enthusiasm. The day is dedicated to the Mothers and their massive contribution in shaping up the lives of their children through immense hard work, selfless love and motivational thoughts
Happy Mothers Day Poems From Daughters And Sons
Here are some poems for mothers from around the world.
1. Thank You, Mother
Once upon a memory
Someone wiped away a tear
Held me close and loved me,
Thank you, Mother dear.
2. Dear Mom
Since the day I was small
Till the day I became tall
Since I began understanding things
Till the day I got my own wings
Your love has never fallen short
You have been my only support
I want to hold you tight and hug you
I just want to say Thank you
3. A Mother’s Love
Of all the special joys in life,
The big ones and the small,
A mother’s love and tenderness
Is the greatest of them all.
4. Wonderful Mother
God made a wonderful mother,
A mother who never grows old;
He made her smile of the sunshine,
And He moulded her heart of pure gold;
In her eyes, He placed bright shining stars,
In her cheeks fair roses you see;
God made a wonderful mother,
And He gave that dear mother to me.
My Mother, my friend so dear,
Throughout my life you’re always near.
A tender smile to guide my way,
You’re the sunshine to light my day.
6. You Filled My Days
You filled my days with rainbow lights,
Fairy tales and sweet dream nights,
A kiss to wipe away my tears,
Gingerbread to ease my fears.
You gave the gift of life to me
And with love you set me free.
I thank you for the tender care,
For deep warm hugs and being there.
I hope that when you think of me
A part of you you'll always see.
7. A Mother...
When you're a child she walks before you,
To set an example.
When you're a teenager she walks behind you
To be there should you need her.
When you're an adult she walks beside you
So that as two friends you can enjoy life together..
8. Just one Mom
Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn.
But only one mother the whole world over.
9. To My Mother
For all the times you gently picked me up,
When I fell down,
For all the times you tied my shoes
And tucked me into bed,
Or needed something
But put me first instead.
For everything we shared,
The dreams, the laughter,
And the tears,
I love you with a “Special Love”
That deepens every year.
There is no blessing
Quite so dear...
As a mom like you
To love year after year.
10 Best Mother's Day Songs To Pay Tribute To Mom
Here are few mothers’ day special songs that will melt your heart.
1. Maa (From "Taare Zameen Par")
2. Mumma (From Dasvidaniya)
3. O Maa Tu Kitni Achhi Hai (From Raja Aur Runk)
4. Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin (From Agneepath)
5. Janam Janam (From Phata Poster Nikla Hero)
6. Aisi Hoti Hai Maa (From "Maatr")
7. Chunar (From ABCD 2)
8. Luka Chuppi (From Rang De Basanti)
9. Aisa Kyun Maa ( From Neerja)
10. Sone De Maa (From Shoot Out At Lokhandwala)
Inspirational Mother's Day Quotes And Wishes
Quotes About Mother’s Love:
1. "God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers." - Rudyard Kipling
2. "A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."
- Agatha Christie
3. "When you look into your mother's eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth."
- Mitch Albom
4. "All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
- Abraham Lincoln
5. "Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children."
-William Makepeace Thackeray
6. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.”
7. "A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take."
- Cardinal Meymillod
8. "He didn't realize that love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves its own mark." - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
9. "A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories." - Honore de Balzac
10. "Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
11. "A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's." - Princess Diana
12. "Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws." - Barbara Kingsolver
13. “I think in a lot of ways unconditional love is a myth. My mom’s the only reason I know it’s a real thing.” - Conor Oberst
14. “The love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father.” - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
15. “It may be possible to gild pure gold, but who can make his mother more beautiful?” - Mahatma Gandhi
16. “A mother’s love is everything. It is what brings a child into this world. It is what moulds their entire being. When a mother sees her child in danger, she is literally capable of anything. Mothers have lifted cars off of their children and destroyed entire dynasties. A mother’s love is the strongest energy known to man.” - Jamie McGuire
17. “If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.” - Stevie Wonder
18. “Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism.” - Gilda Radner
19. “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” - Honore de Balzac
20. “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” - Susan Gale
Mother’s Day Special Wishes:
1. Here’s wishing you a Mother’s Day that’s filled with every pleasure, and a future that’s as happy as the memories you treasure!
2. Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you! Happy Mother’s Day to the sweetest mother in the world, we love you!
3. Happy Mother’s Day Mom! I feel so blessed to have you as my mom. Thanks for always believing in me and doing so much for me. I love you!
4. May all the love you gave to us come back to you a hundredfold on this special day!
5. Happy Mother’s Day to the greatest mom! We don’t say it enough, but we really appreciate all that you do for us every day. You are truly the glue that holds our family together!
6. Thanks for giving me the best things in life: Your love, your care, and your cooking. Happy Mother’s Day!
7. I can’t thank you enough for all your selflessness and sacrifices. I love you, Mom!
8. Mom, you always save the day. You are my superhero. Happy Mother’s Day!
9. You are the light in my world that guides me through and the centre of my life, Mommy I love you.
10. The warmth of your embrace is the best memory I have growing up. I love your cuddles mama. Happy Mother’s Day!
11. Thank you for raising me well. I am so happy to have an extraordinary mother like you. Happy Mother’s Day!
12. I didn’t wish for a perfect Mom, but I got one. In my eyes and in my heart, you are as perfect as they come. Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
13. You gave me your time, love, care and wisdom. That’s the best gift a child could ever have. Thanks, Mom!
14. Happy Mother’s Day Mom! Thank you for looking after us so well, I know it’s not always easy! We love you!
15. May your Mother’s Day be filled with as much happiness as you brought to my childhood!
16. Happy Mother’s Day to you Mom, and thank you for everything you do for our family. We’d be so lost without you. You’re the best!
17. Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom in the universe!
18. Beauty and brains you’re more than that, you are a great mother, a hero and a loving friend right from the start.
19. To the best mom in the world, Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for being chief cook, counsellor, taxi-driver, cheerleader, and best all-round mom in the world.
20. I’m so lucky to have you as my mother... I’m sure no one else would have put up with me this long. Happy Mother’s Day!
5 Simple, Easy & Short Messages On Mother's Day
1. “As God couldn't have been present everywhere in the world, he must have created mothers to make up this loss. Everywhere in our life, a mother's role is supreme. Behind the success of every great person, there is the inspiration of his mother. She is our first teacher, first guide and first friend. She is the only creature of the world before who even the God bows. She is the epitome of love, affection, sacrifice and generosity. Her presence in the world provides solace to the suffering humanity. Her smiling face removes all sorrows and frets of the world.”
2. “Yes, once again the time has come when you can celebrate your Mother’s Love!! It’s Mother’s Day and there’s a lot you want to tell your mother. No matter, however busy you are busy with your work on Mother’s Day take some time out and tell her that your life is incomplete without her. A Mother-child relationship is the best of all the relations, there’s no substitute to it! Had she not been there, you would not have been able to learn and earn. Maybe she will not be that educated but she will make up an educated family. On Mother’s Day, we all should cherish this lovely relationship.”
3. “Fragrance of a mother can easily be recognized by her newborn child. All mothers are pure by heart and want all best things in their child’s life whether it is any toy, clothing, education and the values. The definition of mother is something like sweet and innocent, caring and loving, nice and warm. Everyone who has a mother is the luckiest person in the world as he or she knows what mother’s love and its importance. A mother is that special gift which a person gets directly by God. It is the only relation which can’t be replaced by any other relation. Sometimes a mother becomes strict to her child only for their better future which shows the hidden love behind her anger. This is another sweetness of a mother’s love.”
4. “A mother is everything! She can alone handle all the relationships and give one the taste of all the love one gets from different members of their family. She is the best friend you can share your life without bothering to be judged and be caught for something which we not right in your life. It is her selfless love that a mother showers upon her children which makes you and your mother an inseparable entity. She laughs when her children do, she is happy when her children are and she cries when her children do. A mother is only the person who will not leave their children alone whatsoever may be the circumstances. She cares for her children whole-heartedly without asking for anything in return.”
5. “There have been many philosophers and preachers in the past, who have often compared the character of a Mother with that of God. And it is indeed true that germinates a powerful bond of love between you and your mother. She is the first person in one’s life who makes every experience a beautiful one. She helps us learn life and the way of making life a pleasant experience, in the initial stage of our life. So, it is our duty to make the experience at the end a beautiful one for her. Mother’s Day is a great opportunity to tell your mother, the deepest feelings of your heart.”
20 Best & Inspiring Messages For Mom
1. For your unconditional love, never-ending patience, and an unlimited supply of kindness and understanding, I will be forever grateful. Thank you for making me feel like the luckiest child in the world Mom.
2. No one can ever take your place, Mom, but you can easily take the place of so many others. Over the years you have fulfilled so many roles with ease and confidence. If I could just be half the woman that you are, I will be very blessed.
3. There are nights when I just lay in bed and think about you, thanking God so much that He made you my mother. I’m very blessed to have a mother who’s so kind and generous, so loving and unselfish, and so patient and hardworking.
4. There are so many people that I’m grateful to have in my life. You top that list, Mom! I don’t know what I would do without you. I am the person that I am today because of your love and guidance.
5. For everything that you have done and continue to do for me, thank you so much, Mom! Words cannot express how much I love and appreciate you. I wish I can show it better, and I wish I can show you every day.
6. You have been my rock and my endless source of inspiration. You have given me the most beautiful life because you are simply the most caring, most generous, and most selfless person in the world. I love you, Mom!
7. I’m not bragging when I tell my friends that I have the best mother in the world because I really do! If they only know just how much you give of yourself to us and to all the people you love, they will agree, too.
8. There’s no repaying all the things that you have done for me over the years. I think one lifetime is not enough to do so. You are the most courageous, generous, patient, and understanding person I have ever known.
9. I know how much you sacrificed just to give us a bright future. I know the many nights that you didn’t sleep, the many vacations that you didn’t take, and the many things that you didn’t buy just so we can have the life that we have right now. We appreciate all that you have done for us, Mom.
10. The world is such a crazy place, but I’m not afraid because I know that I have you beside me. I may not have a lot, but having your love and guidance is more than enough for me. I love you, Mom.
11. You are my very first friend and my very best friend. You are my inspiration why I’m creating this happy and beautiful life for me and my own children. I know that I don’t say it often, but thank you, Mom!
12. There are not enough words in the dictionary that can describe all that you are as a mother. You are my life’s greatest blessing.
13. Do you know that you’re my hero? That you always come through for me, no matter how hard or impossible it seems? Do you know that your words weigh the most to me and that nothing else matters unless you are there to share it with me? I love you so much, Mom.
14. As the years pass and I grow older, I realize that I become more and more like you. Even the sound of my laugh sounds just like yours! I don’t mind one bit because you are an amazing and beautiful woman and a truly incredible mother.
15. There are many roles that you play in your life. My most favourite is your role of the mother because you are truly made to be one. You are happiest and most alive when you wear your mommy suit. I hope that now that we’re older, we still give you the kind of joy and happiness that you’re looking for.
16. My life doesn’t come with a manual, but it sure did come with a sassy mother! I love you, Mom, and thank you for being the best mother to me.
17. From when I was little until now that I’m a fully functioning adult, you have always found a way to make my journey easier. You taught me everything I know, and you have given me so much.
18. You make being a mom look super easy. In all my years growing up, I saw you sad, angry and exhausted, but you never once complained. You did everything with love and dedication. You are truly an incredible and selfless woman.
19. All that I am now is because of you, Mom. I wouldn’t have worked hard to achieve my dreams if it weren’t for your many sacrifices and encouragement. My success is your success.
20. Mom, I have loved you since the very day you brought me into this world, and I know you’ve loved me even before I came into this world. Today being Mother’s Day, I just want to let you know how blessed I feel to have a caring, loving and beautiful mother like you.