Child-birth is a life-altering experience; a lot of things change with it, including hair and skin. Women go through various dilemmas related to their appearance after becoming a mother. Sudden hair loss, weight gain, un-shapely structure, and postpartum acne, come in a packaged deal with early motherhood. The hormonal changes in the body are responsible for all these issues. Your beauty needs will require a little more attention and time after you go through childbirth and we are here to help you deal with it. So all new mommies, start taking notes, as we are going to assist you in tackling post-pregnancy skin and hair changes.
Common Skin And Hair Concerns After Delivery
It's pretty normal to stress out when you realize that your skin isn't exactly what it used to be. A lot can change after giving birth, especially hormones! Give your skin some time to get used to the changes. Hormonal changes, stress, and fatigue are the primary reasons for the detrimental effects on your skin and hair after delivery. Skin and hair concerns are pretty common after pregnancy so don't stress over them. As per our beauty expert, giving yourself proper rest, eating right, and personal care after pregnancy will go a long way in having problem-free, healthy skin and hair post-partum. Some common skin and hair concerns are:
- Stretch Marks
- Dark Circles
- Hair Loss
- Hair Thinning
Indulging in proper hair care and skincare after delivery may seem to be a tedious task, but self-care is the prerequisite for glowing and vibrant skin.
How To Take Care Of The Skin After Delivery?
Are you experiencing sudden hair fall or hypersensitive skin after delivery? Fret not, as our beauty expert would be sharing tips on skincare after delivery.
Your post-partum skincare need not be complicated, you can keep it simple and hassle-free with these super easy skincare tips. Here is your guide to postpartum skincare.
- Cleanse your skin with a medicated gel-based cleanser twice a day.
- Apply a light non-comedogenic moisturizing cream in the morning and at night before going to bed.
- Don't exfoliate your skin very often.
- Stay hydrated.
- Hormonal acne after delivery can be treated best with salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.
2. Hyperpigmentation & Melasma
- Apply sunscreen regularly to prevent skin damage. Be diligent about applying sunscreen every day, even if you don’t step out in the sun.
- Vitamin C serums are beneficial for treating uneven skin tone and, reducing dark spots.
- Experts recommend including retinol in nighttime skincare to effectively fight hyperpigmentation.
3. Dark Circles
- Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water.
- Enjoy a short nap with your baby. Give your body some much-needed rest.
- Apply a good undereye gel or lotion before you go to bed to reduce puffiness and dark circles.
Also Read : 10 Effective Essential Oils For Dark Circles
4. Stretch Marks
- Stretch marks are common in pregnant women. As per experts, the best way to combat stretch marks after pregnancy is to start using a natural oil such as almond oil, and coconut oil which is rich in Vitamin E as soon as you become pregnant. Apply it regularly during and post pregnancy to combat stretch marks.
- After delivery, you can apply an anti-stretch mark cream on the affected area.
- It is important to eat well and exercise regularly after childbirth to minimize the appearance of stretch marks. Consider gentle exercises post-pregnancy, such as yoga or brisk walking, but only after consulting your doctor.
Above mentioned tips for skin care after pregnancy will not give you overnight results. To get the desired outcome, you need to be consistent with your postpartum skincare.
Also Read : 18 Effective Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
How Can I Take Care Of My Hair After Delivery?
You may experience hair loss and hair thinning post-delivery due to hormonal changes. Though hair loss after delivery is common, you should reboot your hair care routine and inculcate healthy haircare practices to encourage the regrowth of your tresses. Here is what you can do for your postpartum hair loss.
1. Hair Mask
A hydrating and nourishing hair mask is beneficial in maintaining healthy hair and a problem-free scalp. It hydrates and nourishes your hair follicles, promoting the growth of healthy hair.
2. Hair Massage
Hair massage not only improves hair health but also helps to relax your mind and body. It improves blood circulation, ensuring a sufficient supply of essential nutrients to your scalp, and stimulating hair growth.
3. Choose The Right Product For Your Hair
If you have thin hair, consider using a hair volumizing shampoo to add volume to your hair. Use a conditioner formulated for thin hair, as it does not weigh the hair down. Apply a conditioner from midlength towards the ends. Use hair care products devoid of nasties to prevent hair damage.
Healthy hair and beautiful skin after pregnancy depend on eating the right food, staying hydrated, getting enough sleep, and avoiding stress. Get some me-time for yourself, as personal care after delivery is just as important as looking after your newborn.
Also Read :
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.