Have you ever had the same breakfast every day for a whole month? We’re hoping it’s a no. Why not? Because it gets boring. How can a person possibly have corn flakes every day? It’s in human nature to seek change. Versatility is in our blood. An easy, quick and quirky change a lot of us quickly think of is a new hair colour. The reasons to get a new hair colour ranges from wanting to look unachievably hot after a horrible break-up to wanting a change of look because you don’t feel yourself.
This year, every single hair colour under the sun will find its rightful owner. Soft balayage, brilliantly bright highlights, subtle lowlights, exotic money pieces, beautiful ombre hair colour, funky global hair colours and more are going to flood this season according to our trend radar. Go for jaw-dropping hair colour transformations that fit your aesthetic!
Hair colours are of different kinds and based on the nature of durability, they’re categorized broadly into four, permanent hair colour, semi-permanent hair colour, demi-permanent hair colour and temporary hair colours. Temporary hair colours do not penetrate the roots of your hair follicles. You can retain your natural hair colour and lose the pigment with much ease. On special occasions such as Halloween, Diwali, Holi, and other festivals or parties, temporary hair colours are the best go-to option. You’ll find plenty of hair colours for men and hair colours for women in uncountable and unconventional shades under temporary hair colours.
Quoting Paulo Coelho’s words, “when you want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” The fairy godmother blessed us with temporary hair colours probably noticing our want for colourful transformations. With temporary hair colours, you can apply, flaunt and wash off gorgeous colours any day you wish! Do you want to know more about these instant hair colours? Keep scrolling!
Pros: the part we both love
- Easy peasy application: You do not need a developer or a mixing bowl to apply temporary hair colours. They can be applied directly to hair strands at home in your own time.
- Kiss goodbye in a day: We live in a world that runs behind everything commitment-free. Why should hair colours take a back seat? Temporary hair colours can be washed off in a day, too.
- No chance of damage: As temporary hair colours just layer hair strands from the outside and do not demand hair lightening at all, they do not result in long-term damage.
- Doesn’t waste time: Time is super precious to each one of us. The fact that the application and removal of temporary hair colours are not time-consuming at all is a relief.
- No expensive colour maintenance: While permanent hair colouring demands a lot of care, attention, and money, temporary hair colours don’t! You wear it and wave it goodbye whenever.
- Open doors to experiments: With these colours, you can experiment with your hair and give life to a new avatar every other day. Also, if you wish to commit to a colour, you can try it out and find out if that colour is the one for you.
- The magic of volume: Instant hair colours add a layer of colour to your hair strands, which tends to make them appear more voluminous and thick. How cool, right?
- No unpleasant fragrance: Unlike other hair colour choices, these hair colours do not contain ammonia, which brings in an extremely unpleasant chemical odour in the colour.
Cons: the not-so-exciting part of it
- Dye again and again and again: Unlike permanent hair colours, you got to colour your hair again and again with these hair colours, because you lose the colour after a single wash. You might get tired of re-colouring hair frequently.
- Colour on clothes: Water wears off a temporary colour. When you step out with coloured hair in the rain, chances are the colour begins to bleed and spread to your clothes.
- Messy application: While applying colour on the strands, the colour might plop on the floor and leave stains on clothes. However, they can be removed without much effort. They’re not as big a nightmare as permanent hair colours.
- Colour your fingers: Who doesn’t play with their hair? The colour might stain your fingers each time you touch your hair.
- Might not work on dark hair: Temporary hair colours may not work on rich black hair if they’re not pre-lightened. The Colorisma range of colours does not require you to bleach your hair though. It shows up on hair with dark pigments easily.
There’re two sides to a coin. It’s important to know the positives and negatives of what you’re signing up for. While Temporary hair colours may be the best hair colour option for some, some may not find it appealing. The decision is yours to make! You can either stick to the safe natural hair colours (remember the safe brown hair colours of the 90s? Dark brown hair colour, light brown hair colour, chocolate brown hair colour or more of the same family.) or pick colours that you never usually go for (punky blue hair colour, classy blonde hair colour, elegant burgundy hair colour, bold red hair colour, poppy purple hair colour, unusual grey hair colour or more!) Remember to make a decision that makes you smile the widest and don’t forget to have fun.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.