Are you thinking of getting soft balayages, highlights or lowlights? You know the hair color you’re going to go for, however, can’t pick decide which one is a better option- temporary hair colors or permanent hair colors? That’ understandable. Most of the people walking into the world of colors, have most probably been there.
In this blog, we’re addressing your dilemma. Make a choice between temporary hair colors and permanent hair colors based on their pros and cons. By the end of this, you’ll be confident enough to pick a color from the wide ranging categories of hair colors for men and hair colors of women.
Temporary Hair Colors
First, let’s talk about temporary hair colors. Temporary hair dyes are those dyes that do not contain alkaline chemicals like ammonia and peroxide and can be taken off easily in one single shampoo wash.
They only cover the outer shaft of your hair and therefore, do not cause damage to your hair.
Also Read : 5 Reasons To Use Ammonia-Free Hair Colors
On that note, you need to check out Colorisma metallic and matte temporary hair colors. You can apply these gorgeous hair colors in 2 minutes without bleach anytime anywhere!
TEMPORARY WASH HAIR COLOR MAKEUP
• Temporary, commitment - free. Wash off with your next wash.
• Unlimited looks for any mood.
• 2 -minutes DIY color application.
• No bleach, no dye, no damage.
Advantages of Temporary Hair Colors
- Safe to use. Temporary hair dyes are safe to use as these do not contain ammonia and peroxide and do not penetrate the hair shaft. These protect the hair from being frizzy and damaged.
- No regrets! If you don’t like your hair after applying the color, you do not have to worry because these can wash off easily. You can go for a crazy blue hair color, bold red hair color, peppy purple hair color or a classy blonde hair color just for one evening.
- Good for experimenting. If you are unsure about the color that would suit you, temporary hair dyes are your best option! These can be washed off easily without much trouble so even if you don’t like the shade.
- Less effort. Temporary hair dyes come in wide ranges, starting from hairspray to hair chalks and coloring conditioners! So, if your time and schedule do not allow you for frequent touch-ups, you can simply go forward and use these easy-to-use hair dyes as these require minimum effort.
- Economical. Since temporary hair dyes require minimal maintenance, these save on your touch-up costs and hence are more economical!
Disadvantages of Temporary Hair Colors
- Not for a long-term commitment. If you’re looking for hair colors that will stay on your hair for a long time, then these might not be the best choice for you as these can be washed off pretty easily.
- It fades. Temporary hair dyes fade pretty easily and require retouches now and then.
- Reapplication might damage your hair. Since the color needs to be frequently applied, if you do not follow a healthy hair routine, you might end up damaging your hair.
- Not good for grey hair coverage. If you only wish to cover a few grey strands, then these work finely. However, if you want full coverage for your grey hair, then these might not be the best option for you.
- Might not work on dark hair. Not every temporary hair color works well on rich black hair.
Permanent Hair Colors
Permanent hair colors contain ammonia and peroxide which penetrate the outer shaft of your hair to go deeper into your roots and alter the natural hair color. Permanent hair color lasts longer, results in severe damage and requires proper maintenance post coloring. If you do not use products which are suitable for colored hair, you’ll loose even the best hair color gradually, little by little every day.
Advantages of Permanent Hair Dyes
- Works finely for people with tight schedules. If you have a tight schedule and do not have enough time to go for frequent touch-ups, then permanent hair dyes are the perfect option for you.
- Provide full coverage of grey hair. Permanent hair dyes provide full coverage of grey hair as these penetrate the hair shaft and go deep into the hair roots.
- Stays for a long time. If you’re looking for hair colors that can stay in your hair for a long time, these should be your go-to!
- No need to skip shampoo sessions. Unlike temporary hair dyes, permanent hair dyes do not wash off in shampoo washes, and therefore, you do not need to skip shampooing for fear of losing your hair color!
Disadvantages of Permanent Hair Dyes
- More damage. These usually tend to damage your hair more and lead to weak and prone-to-breakage hair.
- Cannot be washed off easily. So, if you do not like your hair after coloring it with permanent hair colors, it cannot be undone!
- Stronger chemicals. The chemicals used in permanent hair dyes are stronger and therefore lead to rough and frizzy hair.
- It may cause allergic reactions. If you have sensitive skin and scalp, these are not the colors for you as these may cause allergic reactions to your scalp, which can range from mild to severe.
- More time-consuming. These require to be left on your hair for more time as compared to temporary hair dyes.
Now you know all about the pros and cons of the widely used hair colors. The next time you’re thinking of coloring your hair, make an adventurous choice confidently!
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.