Is Castor Oil Effective In Treating Knee Pain?
Castor oil is extracted from castor beans, also called the ricinus communis plant. The pale yellow and thick oil is often used as a lubricant and purgative in the production of oil-based products. Besides that castor oil is also used for cosmetic and healing purposes. The oil has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties which makes it a perfect home-based remedy for several ailments including knee pain. It can be applied both topically and in diluted forms to wounds, injuries, inflamed areas of the skin in order to relieve pain. It is known to reduce pain in patients suffering from arthritis, sciatica, knee injuries, joint pain and . Castor oil is considered a miraculous remedy for pain arising from injuries, strained muscles and joints. It effectively counters the radicals causing pain in the knee and eases the strained muscles. It increases the number of lymphocytes which defend the body from pathogens and harmful toxins. These lymphocytes act as soldiers of the immune system - fighting and countering the immense pain in the knees and the joints. The more the number of lymphocytes present in the immune system, the easier it effectively relieves pain in the joints.
How Does Castor Oil Relieve Pain In The Knees?
- Castor oil should be applied topically to the knee for the best effective results. The compounds present in castor oil act as an immuniser by increasing the count of the T-cells within a matter of days. The T-cell builds a defensive wall against harmful pathogens and toxins. The lymphocytes act as white blood cells by repelling and countering viruses and bacteria.
- T-cells are a form of antibodies which protect the body from viral diseases and infections. Castor oil boosts the fighting mechanism behind the antibodies. However, it must be kept in mind that castor oil should be applied topically to the unbroken skin of the wounds and knees to see effective results. You can also use castor oil in the form of gels and sprays on the external parts of the body to medicate and eliminate the pain.
- There is a non-sticky and thin version of castor oil which is often used as an aid to relieve arthritis and joint pain. It packs up the same minerals and compounds as the original castor oil. It is available in the form of a non-sticky and easily absorbable lotion. It is known to be effective in instantly relieving knee and joint pain.
- Another popular way of treating knee pain using castor is combining it with Capsaicin. Capsaicin is a compound present in chillies and different types of pepper. Hot pepper rub is used around the world in alternative medicine as an effective remedy to counter muscle pain. While capsaicin is warming formula to treat knee pain, castiva present in castor oil lotion has a cooling formula due to the presence of menthol. By combining both capsaicin and castiva, one can effectively treat knee and joint pain.
Castor Oil For Knee Pain Recipe
It is recommended to use cold-pressed and organic castor oil which is recognised by a yellowish tint and thick consistency. It should be harvested by a reputable manufacturer. It should contain all-natural and herbal compounds which involve a less to no risks and side-effects in comparison to chemical-based drugs and muscle relief lotions. While castor oil can be applied topically in small amounts, you can make castor packs and wraps for effective pain relief. Below are the ingredient and the directions for creating a castor pack:
- Cold-pressed castor oil - 3 tablespoons (this can vary depending on the size of the plastic wrap or cloth)
- Plastic wrap or cloth - 1-2
- Heating pad - 1
- Sterilized Cotton Balls - 2-3
- Towel - 1
- Put the plastic wrap or cloth in hot water.
- Let it soak for a while before drying it out.
- Apply 3 tablespoons or less of castor oil on the wrap.
- Create a thin layer of the oil before wrapping it carefully around the knee.
- Leave the castor oil pack on for next 8-10 hours, preferably overnight.
- Use a heating pad to warm the castor pack at equal intervals.
- Use a towel to clean off the oil spillage caused by the application - around the knees or any other part of the body.
- Remove the castor oil wrap after 8-10 hours.
- Use a warm wet towel to clean off the oil from the knee.
- You can repeat this remedy once every day until you the pain has left the knees.
Another effective remedy for knee pain can be created by combining cooling castor oil lotion and a hot pepper rub.
How to Treat Muscle Cramps and Spasms Naturally
JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL, COLD-PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Jamaican Black Castor oil is a popular and natural oil for HAIR HEALTH & GROWTH
- Antioxidant properties of Jamaican Black Castor Oil helps FIGHT THE SIGNS OF AGEING SKIN
- Omega-9-rich Jamaican Black Castor Oil is popular for BEARD GROWTH & CARE.
- PROMOTING THICKNESS, LENGTH & GROWTH of eyebrows & eyelashes
Author Name: Mariam Shareef
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.