Blackheads are common skin trouble for most people. Contrary to popular belief, they’re not residents on oily skin alone but affect all skin types. They are caused by clogged pores on the skin and have very little to do with your skin type and more with your skin-care regime. The area most affected by blackheads is our nose. Here is a list of easy home remedies you could use to get a flawless skin. All of these are easily available ingredients, so as long as you're not allergic to any of them, go ahead and enjoy as you get rid of the blackheads.
Natural Tips To Remove Blackheads
1. Egg Whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Crack open the egg and remove the egg yolk from the white. You need only egg white for this recipe. Mix the honey and the egg white and apply the mixture to your face. After it dries, wash off with lukewarm water. Egg whites help tighten your pores and help make your skin glow.
2. Aloe Vera
Fresh Aloe Vera gel preferably extracted from an aloe leaf
Apply the gel to your face. After 10 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water. Aloe Vera helps to clean pores on the skin and controls oil production. You could use this remedy every day because Aloe Vera helps with virtually all kinds of skin issues.
Also Read : 10 Amazing Beauty Benefits Of Aloe Vera For Skin
- 2 tablespoons of mint juice
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
Mix the ingredients and apply the mixture on the affected areas of the face. After 15 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water. Follow up with a gentle moisturiser. Turmeric is known for its antiseptic properties. Turmeric will help clean your skin from within and remove the blackheads. Use this recipe once a week.
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Mix the ingredients and apply the mixture on the affected areas of the face. After 20 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water. Lemon is known for its antibacterial properties and helps clear out pores. Cinnamon will help blood circulation under the skin and lighten it as well. Use this recipe thrice a week.
Mash the tomato and apply the paste on the affected areas of the face. Leave it on the skin overnight and wash off with cold water the following morning. Tomatoes are highly beneficial for skin as they are rich in antioxidants which will help undo free-radical damage on your skin, and their antibacterial properties will dry out the blackheads. Do this every night for amazing skin.
- 1 teaspoon activated the charcoal powder
- 1 teaspoon water or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon bentonite clay (preferably sodium based)
Mix the ingredients but remember to use little to no water as we require this paste to be thick. Apply it on the face and let dry. Then, peel it off like a face mask. It is recommended to use this face mask once and see how your skin responds to it, and then regularize the usage (even everyday application is advisable). Charcoal is known for its ability to draw out dirt from the skin pores. You could use this pack twice weekly. Do a patch test if you're not sure about your skin's reaction to charcoal.
7. Almond Oil
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Take one tablespoon each of Anveya's sweet almond oil and sugar. Mix them well. Before taking a shower, massage on the face or other body parts if desired with your fingertips. This scrub helps remove dead skin cells from the skin. After scrubbing for a good amount of time, bathe. Almond oil additionally moisturizes and cures skin issues like wrinkles and fine lines. It can also protect you from sun damage.
ANVEYA SWEET ALMOND OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Antioxidant properties fight WRINKLES & SAGGING SKIN
- One of the best oils for MASSAGE
- Rejuvenates dead cells, moisturizes CHAPPED LIPS
8. Sandalwood Mask
- 2 tbs pure sandalwood powder
Mix the ingredients into a thick paste, and more rosewater can be added to maintain consistency. Apply this on your face and let sit for around 10 minutes. Rinse off with cold water. Sandalwood is an ancient remedy for pure skin and is especially helpful to cool the skin during summers. Rosewater helps as a facial cleanser.
9. Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
Mix baking soda in a small amount of water to get a thick paste. Apply the paste to the face in a circular motion and scrub gently. This mixture is very gentle and can be used daily. Baking soda is a little abrasive can help scrub the dirt off your skin pores.
10. Chocolate And Sugar Face Scrub
- Half cup (~ 170g) of brown sugar
- ⅛ cup olive oil (~43g)
- One-fourth teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
This sounds like the gourmet of home-made scrubs. This delicious mix helps to exfoliate and keep the skin soft. Mix all the ingredients. Rub gently on clean face for about a minute. For best results, let it sit for 10 minutes, and then wash your face with warm water.
11. Coconut Oil
Extra virgin coconut oil.
Apply the oil on the affected areas of the face. Let it seep naturally and leave it overnight. Lauric acid present in coconut oil has antimicrobial action. Use this recipe every night.
12. Rose Petals And Oats Scrub
- Rose petals
- Ground Oats
Soak rose petals in water for 30 minutes. Crush the petals and add crushed ground oats and mix. Gently scrub on the face with circular strokes. You could rinse away with water or firstly with milk (for extra exfoliation) and then with cold water.
13. Castor Oil
Clean your face (optionally with a cleanser). Apply Jamaican Black castor Oil from Anveya on the affected areas of the face and massage for about 2 minutes. Leave it overnight. If you feel the oil is a bit excessive or sticky, you could rub the excess oil off with a cotton ball. Castor oil has cleansing properties that make your skin glow. Use this recipe every night.
ANVEYA JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL, COLD-PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Jamaican Black Castor oil is a popular and natural oil for HAIR HEALTH & GROWTH
- Antioxidant properties of Jamaican Black Castor Oil helps FIGHT THE SIGNS OF AGEING SKIN
- Omega-9-rich Jamaican Black Castor Oil is popular for BEARD GROWTH & CARE.
- PROMOTING THICKNESS, LENGTH & GROWTH of eyebrows & eyelashes
14. Jojoba Oil
Apply the oil to a cleaned face. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with tepid water. Jojoba oil greatly helps control the skin’s sebum production, an excess of which causes blackheads. Use this recipe twice daily. We recommend adding Anveya's Jojoba Oil to all your skin and hair concerns.
ANVEYA JOJOBA OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100 ML
- Natural and best way to WIPE OFF MAKEUP.
- Rich in Vitamin C, E, B, copper, and zinc to nourish the HAIR.
- Vitamin E and B-complex vitamins help SKIN REPAIR and damage control.
- Antioxidants provide ANTI-AGEING EFFECTS.
- 2 tablespoons salt
Mix the salt thoroughly in the water. Wash your face with this salt water. This mixture is very gentle and can be used multiple times a day. Salt water is a slow remedy. It gradually controls the oil production and has mild antimicrobial action.
- 1 cup of fresh fenugreek leaves
Grind together fenugreek leaves and some amount of water to get a smooth paste. Rub gently on clean face for about a minute. For best results, let it sit for 10 minutes, and then wash your face with warm water. Follow up with a moisturiser. Fenugreek leaves are rich in antioxidants and help your skin to heal. They can effectively remove both blackheads and whiteheads.
17. Green Tea
- 1 teaspoon of dried green tea leaves
Mix the leaves and some amount of water to get a smooth paste. Apply on the face. Let it sit for 20 minutes, and then wash your face with warm water. Follow up with a moisturiser. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and helps your skin heal. It can effectively remove blackheads and leave your skin soft and glowing.
18. Cocoa And Coffee Facial Scrub
- Cocoa powder
- Ground coffee
Mix equal parts of coffee and cocoa (4 tablespoons each), then add olive oil and honey. Make a smooth paste. If you have oily skin, adding a little lemon juice to this mix proves to be one of the best scrubs for oily skin there is. Adding yoghurt helps dry skin. Apply the paste to face and neck and allow it to sit for a few minutes. If your skin is sensitive, do not rub this mixture as coffee grains might scratch your skin. Wet a piece of cloth and pat on the skin to loosen the mask. Rinse clean with cold water. This delicious mix of two caffeinated ingredients brightens up your skin. Ground coffee helps scrub off impurities.
19. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cotton ball
Apply apple cider vinegar on the face using a cotton ball. Let it dry, and then wash your face with warm water. Apple cider vinegar is acidic, hence dissolves blackheads. Its antibacterial properties will help treat skin infections.
20. Use Steam
- Small tub
- Hot water
Put steaming hot water in a tub and bring your face over it. Hold a towel around your face so that steam doesn’t escape. Keep steaming your face for about 2 minutes and follow up with an exfoliator. The steam helps opening up the pores for an exfoliator to work efficiently. You could also rub your face with a towel to remove blackheads after steaming.
- Mint toothpaste
- Ice cube
Apply toothpaste on your nose. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Now, with a few drops of water, massage in circular motion. Rinse away with water and rub the ice cube on the skin. The mint in the toothpaste will kill the bacteria and clear the blackheads out, and the ice cube helps close the skin pores.
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Mix the ingredients and massage the mixture on the face. After 20 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water. Lemon and honey are known for their antibacterial action. They will help dissolve the blackheads. Sugar particles physically scrub off the blackheads. Honey also moisturizes your skin.
Apply the milk to the affected areas of the face. Scrub gently and wash off with lukewarm water. Milk contains lactic acid, which helps dissolve blackheads.
- 1 strawberry
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
Mix the ingredients into a thick paste and apply it on the face. After 20 minutes, wash off with cold water. Strawberries are alkaline and help clear out skin pores, while the vitamin C content helps moisturise dry skin.
Tips For Avoiding Blackheads
- It is rightly said that prevention is better than cure, so following some simple tricks can steer you clear off from blackheads.
- Include good amounts of fruits like berries or vitamin C rich fruits in your diet. Also, have a lot of leafy vegetables.
- If your face is frequented by blackheads, you should try to avoid dairy products, meat, fatty foods, or even ripe mangoes. Fats can help trigger excess oil production.
- Hygiene is a vital part of your skin care regime. Wash your towels and brushes (that you use on the skin) properly. Keep yourself and your surroundings clean.
- Regular exercise can help regulate blood circulation, which can, in turn, lead to healthier skin.
- Scrub regularly. Do not leave scrubbing and exfoliation up to the advent of skin issues. Regular cleaning of the face is essential in avoiding blackheads.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and caffeinated drinks. While smoking and drinking should ideally be stopped completely, these habits have a great impact on the overall health of the skins.
- Avoid popping blackheads. You might risk spreading them.
- Sometimes, blackheads can be genetic. This does not mean they can’t be fought with, just that you might be more prone to them than others.
- Stress is a major cause of blackheads and most skin troubles like fine lines and wrinkles. Try lowering your stress by exercising, eating right and meditating. A peaceful mind makes any face glow. You will yourself see the changes when you organize your life and attain mental peace.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.