There goes a famous saying that “Your eyes are the windows to your soul”. Very true, as your eyes reveal a lot about your general health and wellbeing. Healthy, sparkling eyes are an indication that you are healthy and in good spirit. Taking care of your eyes is not enough, you should take care of your eyelashes as well, as they guard your eyes against foreign objects and make your eyes look beautiful and ravishing. Keep scrolling as we will be sharing some expert advice on how to grow longer and thicker eyelashes at home with some easy and useful tips to take care of your eyelashes.
How To Grow Longer And Thicker Eyelashes At Home
Instead of resorting to false eyelashes and lash extensions, with proper care and attention you can also have long and thick eyelashes. There are plenty of natural and effective ways to stimulate the growth of your lashes, from applying oil to serums. With regular use, over a period of time, these natural remedies will give you fuller and longer eyelashes. In this post, we will try to cover all your burning queries about eyelashes, let’s check them out.
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil is loaded with beauty benefits that help to maintain your skin and hair health. Cold-pressed Olive Oil is rich in essential fatty acids which keep your skin well moisturized and nourished. Olive oil is high in the phenolic compound- oleuropein which is known to boost hair growth. Applying Olive oil on your lashes is beneficial for longer and thicker eyelashes.
How To Apply
Take 3-4 drops of Olive Oil on a cotton ball and apply it on your upper and lower lashes. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
2. Castor Oil
Castor Oil is well known for promoting hair growth and preventing hair loss as it is rich in an active ingredient- Ricinoleic acid. This acid is known to be vital for preventing hair loss. It helps to moisturize your eyelashes, making them appear fuller and longer. It is a popular ingredient which you may find in many eyelash serums.
How To Apply
Take a teaspoon of cold-pressed Castor oil and keep the cotton balls handy. Cleanse your eyelashes thoroughly with water and dry them properly, before applying castor oil. Dip the cotton ball in the Castor oil and apply it to your lower and upper lash lines. While applying make sure the oil does not get into your eyes. Leave it overnight and wash it off the next morning.
Know More : Castor Oil For Eyes : Benefits And Uses
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is lightweight and can be easily absorbed. It is known to prevent protein loss in hair, hence coconut oil is effectively used to treat thin and scanty eyelashes. It helps in the regrowth of the eyelashes.
How To Apply
Dab a little bit of coconut oil on your fingertip and rub it into your fingers. Using your finger gently rub your eyelashes, thus transferring the coconut oil to your eyelashes for promoting the growth and thickness of the eyelashes.
4. Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is well known for its emollient property and is known to stimulate hair growth. It contains tocotrienol which is known to increase the number of strands, thus contributing to the growth of eyelashes.
How To Apply
Break open a Vitamin E capsule and extract the oil. With your fingertip, gently apply this oil on your lids and massage for 5 minutes. This helps to promote blood circulation and aids in the growth of eyelashes.
5. Shea Butter
Shea butter is well known for providing intense hydration to your skin as well as your hair. It is rich in Vitamin C and boosts collagen production. It exhibits antioxidant property, effectively fighting free radicals and promoting the growth of healthy, thick and longer eyelashes.
How To Apply
Take a small amount of Shea butter in your finger and rub it between your fingers until it melts. Apply it to your upper and lower lashes. You can leave it overnight and wash it off in the morning.
6. Green Tea
You might be consuming Green Tea because of its health benefits. But have you ever thought of applying Green tea on your lashes to promote the growth of eyelashes, making it appear longer and thicker? Green tea is rich in EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate) which is known to promote hair growth, thus can be effectively used for long and dense eyelashes.
How To Apply:
Take 1 Green tea bag and dip it in a cup of hot water. Let it rest for 10 minutes and strain it in another container and cool it. Dip a cotton ball in it and apply it on your eyelids as well as eyelashes.
7. Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline)
One of the easiest ways to promote the growth of eyelashes is to apply petroleum jelly. Petroleum jelly is an excellent hydrating agent, helps to keep your lashes healthy and also aids in the growth of lashes.
How To Apply:
Take petroleum jelly in your finger, gently massage over your eyelids and eyelashes for 5 minutes daily, before going to bed.
8. Biotin Supplement
Biotin deficiency in your body can lead to hair fall, hair thinning of your scalp, brows and lashes. Taking Biotin supplements can help to promote hair growth. But before taking a biotin supplement you need to consult a doctor.
The easiest way to apply these oils on your eyelashes is to take a disposable mascara brush and dip it in the oil and apply it on your eyelash.
These are few simple and easy to follow home remedies to have longer, stronger and denser eyelashes as it adds beauty to your eyes.
How To Remove Mascara From Your Lashes And Keep Them Clean
All of us love to apply mascara on our lashes because of the way it complements our eyes, but removing mascara from your lashes can be a daunting task. Eyelashes are quite delicate and must be handled with care. Here are some handy tips on how to remove mascara from your eyelashes.
- Take any natural oil such as olive oil, grapeseed oil or any baby oil.
- Drop the oil on the cotton pad and put it on your eyes making sure that you cover the whole eye.
- Leave it 1 minute and then gently glide the cotton pad in the direction of your lashes, wiping off the mascara from your upper and lower eyelashes.
- Finally, you can remove any leftover product with the help of a Q-tip. Just take the Q-tip along your lash line to get rid of any excess product remaining on the lash line.
- Finish it off by applying a moisturizer or an eye cream around your eyes.
Useful Tips For Eyelash Care
- Handle with Care: While removing your eye makeup with a makeup remover, don’t rub eyes vigorously instead dab the makeup remover in a cotton pad and gently wipe off.
- Always Remember to Remove Makeup Before Going to Sleep: Sleeping with your eye makeup can harm your eyes. It can make your eyelashes brittle and weak, cause dark circles around your eyes.
- Always Go for Branded Eyecare Products: When it comes to eyes, you should be extra cautious as the area around your eyes is very delicate and sensitive. Always use good eye care and eye makeup products.
- Be Careful with Eyelash Tools: Use your eyelash tools such as lash curlers and falsies with care. Avoid using lash curlers once you have applied mascara as it can lead to falling off of eyelashes. Be gentle while removing the falsies, use a cleanser to remove the glue from your lash line.
- Eat Healthy Food: Food rich in Vitamin A, B5, Omega-3 fatty acids, iron and beta carotene are beneficial for promoting hair growth. Include these in your diet for the growth of eyelashes.
Also Read :
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.