Skinimalism can be described as a combination of skincare and makeup to give you a more natural, minimal or no-makeup look. The growing trend of skinimalism is a sign that people want to stay away from heavy makeup and are preferring a more natural and subtle look. In a study, it has been revealed that searches for ‘how to get a naturally glowing skin or a natural makeup look for every day’ have increased by 160-180 per cent last year. Experts believe that Skinimalism will continue to be the biggest skincare trend in the coming years. Does it mean that people are moving away from the unrealistic beauty standards where they have been covering their skin imperfections through make-up? The growing trend of skinimalism is a clear indication of that exact thought
Skinimalism is embracing the more natural and holistic way of taking care of your skin. It allows the skin to breathe and encourages you to feel comfortable in your skin. You do not have to slather a lot of makeup products to look beautiful.
Keep scrolling to have complete knowledge about skinimalism- the latest beauty trend of this year.
What Is Skinimalism?
The pandemic has hit the beauty and fashion industry hard and our skincare industry is no exception. Due to the pandemic, skincare products became non-essential commodities and here’s when people started focusing more on natural and holistic ways to take care of their skin. The term skinimalism is derived from two words ‘skincare’ and ‘minimalism’. This skincare trend like many other skincare routines originated in South Korea. It is also known as ‘skip-care’ as it does not require you to follow the long 10 step skincare routine. You just require a handful of natural skincare products and a minimum of makeup products. That’s it and you are all set.!!
The latest in skincare, Skinimalism is topping the trends chart and going to be a much loved and followed skincare trend this year. Skinimalism has been popularized by Pinterest and followed by celebrities as well in recent times. It is nothing, but simplifying your skincare routine. Skinimalism is all about loving the natural texture of your skin and using natural skincare products to add a natural glow to your skin. The idea behind this is figuring out the problem areas of your skin and tackling them by using natural ingredients instead of using synthetic products which comprise harsh chemicals and toxins. Skinimalism consists of:
1. Face Yoga
Face yoga is considered to be the new beauty trend of 2021. If can give your skinny cheeks and furrowed eyebrows a lift. It effectively reduces wrinkles, fine lines and crow’s feet. Face yoga is working your facial muscles so as to give a lift to your face making it look younger. It is a series of facial exercises which helps to reverse the signs of ageing on your face by toning up the muscles of your face. Facial exercise stimulates facial muscles, help to improve blood circulation, thus ensuring the supply of essential nutrients to all skin cells. Performing face yoga regularly is beneficial in improving the texture and appearance of your skin as it makes your face look radiant, gives you an even skin tone and reduces signs of ageing. You can attain picture-perfect skin through face yoga and all that is required is consistency, time and effort.
2. Home Remedies For Skincare
You can take care of your skin by using natural ingredients which are easily available in your kitchen cabinet. Milk, yoghurt, turmeric, aloe vera, cucumber, tomato and a whole lot of natural ingredients can make your skin look radiant and flawless. Natural scrubs and DIY face masks are beneficial for your skin as it does not harm your skin in any way. You can nourish and moisturize your facial skin by using natural ingredients. One of the best things about following home remedies for skin care is that they are pocket friendly and safe on your skin.
3. Following A CTM Routine
You can follow the CTM routine to take care of your skin which involves cleansing, toning and moisturizing. Instead of following the long 10 step skincare routine, this 3 step skincare routine will save your day. This simplified beauty routine is very effective in attaining naturally glowing, soft and smooth skin.
- Cleansing: Washing your face with a cleanser to remove dirt and dead skin cells from the skin surface. Cleanser effectively unclogs the pores and removes excess sebum for the pores. Blocked pores can be a breeding ground for germs and bacteria which can lead to break out. Hence cleansing is a must in any skincare routine. Incase you have acne-prone skin, you can check out Anveya's 24k Gold Goodbye Acne Kit. It comes with a cleanser and serum containing Azelaic Acid, Niacinamide, Tea tree oil, and other ingredients immensely effective in fighting acne.
ANVEYA 24K GOLD GOODBYE ACNE KIT
- Helps in skin renewal
- Fights against acne causing bacteria
- Control sebum secretion
- Calms and soothes active acne
- Works on acne scarring and blemishes
- Toning: Toning is an important part of a skincare regime and is especially beneficial for people with oily skin. It helps to maintain the pH balance of your skin, tightens the pores, adds a layer of protection to your skin and makes your skin look fresh and healthy. Use an alcohol-free toner as alcohol-based toners can dry out your skin. While choosing a toner, look for alpha-hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid and lactic acid.
- Moisturizing: It is a common myth that people with oily skin are not required to moisturize their skin. But this is not true. People with oily skin can use a water-based or gel-based moisturizer to keep their skin hydrated. Always use non-comedogenic moisturizers as they won’t clog your pores. Hydrating is a must for all skin types, hence don’t skip the moisturizing part of your daily skincare routine.
4. Eat Healthy For Beautiful Skin
It is important to eat healthy to have healthier, radiant skin. Include a lot of fresh veggies, fresh fruits, proteins, legumes in your diet. A balanced diet helps to maintain beautiful skin. Keep your body hydrated to have glowing skin. Focus on the overall wellness of your body to have flawless and youthful skin.
5. Minimul Makeup Look
Skinimalism - also known as skip-care is cutting down on your beauty products and stick to only essentials. Figure out the problem areas of your face and start working on them with minimum skincare products. If your skin is dry and has dark spots, blemishes, then use a Vitamin C serum which will serve both purposes.
It is important to be aware of the fact, that there are different approaches to Skinimalism. It’s up to you to figure the best one which works for your skin type. Skinimalism is all about being comfortable in your own skin, instead of slathering your face with too many beauty products, trying to be picture perfect. Its time we start loving our real skin and embrace this new sustainable beauty trend (Skinimalism)
Follow the minimalistic approach of skincare where less is considered to be more. This is the latest skincare mantra, to have healthy, glowing and beautiful skin.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.