Do you know that a fresh bowl of salad is not only good for your health but also good for your skin? Brunching on the fresh vegetables with that correct dressing might sound a delicious way to cut down on calories. Not only is it good for your health, but these salads are loaded with vital nutrients which can be your secret to glowing and youthful skin. In this article, we will be introducing salad dressing recipes that will pump life into your dull, dry and lifeless skin.
How is Salad Dressing Beneficial for Your Skin?
Many a time we have come across the word ‘Antioxidants’. Antioxidants fight free radicals which are responsible for cell damage which eventually leads to premature signs of ageing of skin, dull and dry skin. Eating salad with the right kind of dressing is a healthy way to a glowing, youthful skin because fresh vegetables such as carrots, kale, beetroots, cucumbers, arugula are a rich source of antioxidants, Vitamins A, C, K and minerals. Olive oil or avocado oil which is used as a dressing in most salads is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and MUFAs (monounsaturated fatty acid) and acts as a natural moisturizer. These healthy salad dressings are beneficial in keeping your skin soft, smooth and supple.
Salad Dressing Recipe for Skincare
If you are creative with the ingredients you choose then salads can be the ultimate way to skincare. The sauce which is used for salad is known as dressing. You can make your own salad dressing to suit your skincare needs. Let’s explore various salad dressing recipes for your skin concerns
Salad Dressing for Glowing Skin
This energizing and refreshing salad is loaded with essential nutrients that are beneficial for your skin. It contains fresh veggies which are rich in vitamins such as A, B, C, D, E and K. It contains arugula which is high in phytochemicals, folic acids. This detox dressing makes your skin soft, radiant and youthful.
- Carrot – 1 (shredded)
- Baby Arugula – 3 ounces
- Beetroot – ½ (shredded)
- Cucumber – 1 (peeled and cut into small cubes)
- Green Onions – Handful (finely chopped)
- Ripe avocado – 1 (diced)
- Sliced Almonds – 2 tablespoons
- Sunflower Seeds- 2 tablespoons
- Shelled Pumpkin Seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice – 3 tablespoons
- Raw Honey – ½ teaspoon
- Avocado Oil – ½ cup
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper Powder (As per taste)
- Powdered Mustard Seeds – 1 pinch
- Freshly chopped parsley – quarter cup
Mix all the shredded and chopped veggies together. Sprinkle the seeds and nuts all over the veggies and toss it with arugula.
To Prepare the Dressing
- Mix lemon juice and honey, shake well to dissolve the honey.
- Add avocado oil, salt, pepper and mustard powder.
- Transfer the contents in an air-tight container and shake well.
- Add the chopped parsley and shake again.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss it gently.
Your salad is ready to be served. You can have this salad daily or at least 3 times a week to have healthy, glowing skin.
Dressing Recipes for Healthy Skin
You can combine any fresh veggies and fruits of your choice to make a healthy and delicious salad. You can choose a salad dressing according to your skin concern. Here we are introducing dressing ideas that will make your skin healthy, radiant, youthful and at the same time you do not have to compromise on your health.
1. Poppy Seed- Honey Dressing for Soft & Smooth Skin
Poppy seeds are beneficial in boosting your immune system and have the emollient property, that makes your skin soft and smooth. Honey is rich in antioxidants which fights free radicals responsible for cell damage.
Take 3 tablespoons of ACV, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of black poppy seeds, and ½ teaspoon of kosher salt in a bowl, mix well and to this mixture add a quarter cup of olive oil gradually. This dressing goes well with salads that have fruits and berries.
2. Lemon-Peanut Butter Dressing for Anti-Ageing
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C which is considered to be a powerful antioxidant that eradicates free radicals, thereby reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Peanut butter rich in Vitamin E, which keeps your skin hydrated, soft and smooth.
In a blender add soy sauce, white vinegar, ¼ cup of peanut butter, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 teaspoon of honey and grated ginger. Blend it well. This dressing tastes good with grilled fish and quinoa bowls.
3. Sesame-Honey Dressing for Glowing Skin
Sesame is known to be rich in omega-3, 6 fatty acids which are beneficial for healthy, glowing skin. Honey moisturizes your skin and is rich in antioxidants which protect your skin from free radicals.
Take 1 tablespoon honey, 2 tablespoons of sesame, 2 tablespoons of ACV, ½ tablespoon of grated ginger, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, a pinch of kosher salt, garlic and pepper powder. Mix all the ingredients well and your salad dressing is ready. This dressing complements well with chicken salad and noodles.
You can choose any salad-dressing combo and consume it daily for healthy, glowing and problem-free skin.
Best Skin Healthy Salad Ingredients
Salads are best for your health and for your skin during warmer weather, as they are hydrating and nourishing for both your body and skin. You can quickly grab a bowl of salad with those refreshing and hydrating crispy, fresh veggies to quickly rejuvenate your tired body and skin. We are sharing some healthy salad ingredients for glowing skin.
- Kale- Kale which is known as ‘the queen of greens’ is rich in beta-carotene, Vitamin A, C and copper which is beneficial for healthy and glowing skin.
- Arugula- Arugula is considered to be a peppery alternative to lettuce and is rich in Vitamins A, C, K and folic acid which revives and rejuvenates your skin
- Carrot- Carrot is rich in Vitamins C, K and minerals like potassium, calcium, iron and fibre.
- Beetroot- Beetroot is packed with essential nutrients such as Vitamins B, C, fibre and minerals such as iron, potassium, manganese.
- Cucumber- This skin hydrating veggie is rich in proteins, fibre, Vitamins C, K, magnesium.
- Chia Seeds- It is high in powerful antioxidants such as Vitamin E and selenium which protects your skin from the harmful effect of sun rays.
- Kiwifruit- This is considered to be a super nourishing fruit for your skin as it is rich in Vitamins A, B, C, E and K.
- Tomato- A must-have ingredient in all the salad recipes which is rich in Vitamin C, lycopene and selenium.
- Red Pepper- It is rich in powerful antioxidant such as Vitamin C, contains phytochemicals and carotenoid which is known to protect and repair your skin.
- Berries-A delicious, super ingredient for the salad that is rich in Vitamin C, which boost collagen production and effectively treats dark spots, blemishes.
- Smoked Salmon- Salmon is a rich source of Omega-3 which is beneficial for healthy radiant skin.
- Boiled Egg- Egg is high in proteins which is an integral part of your skin and hair. Diet rich in protein is good for maintaining problem-free skin.
Best Skin Healthy Dressing Ingredients
Salad is tossed with a sauce which is known as dressing. You can combine the skin-friendly oils and other ingredients beneficial for your skin in the dressing. Let’s have a look at some skin-friendly dressing ingredients.
- Olive Oil- It is rich in Vitamin E, essential fatty acids that keep your skin well-nourished and hydrated.
- Avocado Oil- It is power-packed with essential nutrients for healthy skin such as Vitamin A, D, E, potassium, omega-3, lecithin.
- Honey- It is well known for its moisturizing and nourishing property. It is rich in antioxidants which fight free radicals and prevent skin damage at the cellular level.
- Vinegar- It is known to have an anti-ageing property and prevent acne as vinegar helps maintain the pH level of your skin.
- Yogurt- It moisturizes your skin and repairs it naturally as it is rich in Vitamin B2, B6, B12 and probiotics which keep the gut healthy, giving you healthy and radiant skin.
- Buttermilk- It acts as a skin cleanser and toner, fighting acne, removes tan and excess oil from your skin, thus keeps your skin hydrated, adding a natural glow to your skin.
- Mayonnaise- Mayonnaise is rich in Vitamin E, K and protein which is necessary for maintaining problem-free skin.
The ingredients used in salad and dressing are packed with the goodness of vital nutrients which are beneficial not only for your health but also for your skin. You can combine the ingredients of salad and dressing of your choice and make a perfect power-packed meal for yourself.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.