Almond oil is a powerhouse of nutrients. While the bitter almond oil is used as a flavouring agent or scent, sweet almond oil is generally the variant which is used on the skin and hair. It is enriched with vitamin E, A and antioxidants, which are essential in keeping up your skin’s collagen production and subsequently keeping your skin soft and subtle. You’ll read more in detail in this article, and also learn how to use almond oil for your various skin needs.
Know the Benefits of Using Almond Oil For Face
- Almond oil contains antioxidants which are very helpful in enhancing the skin and making it look flawless. Its hypoallergenic properties make it suitable for sensitive skin as well. Sweet almond oil is used on the face, and henceforth in this article, all mentions of almond oil refer to the sweet almond oil.
- Regular application of almond oil helps cure skin damage and also protects your face from external pollutants and harmful free radicals from UV rays.
- Almond oil is thin and gets easily absorbed into the skin. This helps in deep cleaning the face by removing pollutants and unclogging pores.
- Vitamin A contained in almond oil helps clean acne. As the pores are deep cleaned (as discussed above), this automatically helps avoid acne and flare-ups.
- Almond oil works like a miracle against dark circles and eye bags.
- It can be used to remove tan. After a few applications along with lemon juice, results will be visible.
- The hydrating properties of almond oil help patients with eczema and psoriasis.
- Zinc content in almond oil helps treat rashes and redness and does not cause side effects.
Almond Oil Can Effectively Fight Signs of Premature Ageing.
Bruises can also be easily treated using almond oil. You'll need to mix geranium oil with almond oil for healing.
Ways to Use Almond Oil for Face
1. Facial Massage
Take some drops of almond oil in your hands, and with your fingertips gently massage all over the face. This has to be kept on overnight and followed up by rinsing with tepid water in the morning. This can be done twice or thrice a week.
2. Almond Oil and Lavender Essential Oil
Take a teaspoon of almond oil in a bowl and add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil. With your fingertips, gently massage all over the face. This has to be kept on 15 minutes only and followed up by rinsing with tepid water. This can be done once a week.
3. Almond Oil and Aloe Vera Gel
Mix a teaspoon each of almond oil and Aloe Vera gel, and with your fingertips gently massage all over the face. This has to be kept on an hour and followed up by rinsing with a mild face wash in lukewarm water. This has to be done once a week.
4. Almond Oil, Rosewater and Glycerin
Take half a teaspoon of almond oil in a bowl and add to it 3-4 tablespoons of rosewater and 4-5 drops of glycerin. With your fingertips, gently massage all over the face. This has to be kept on 15 minutes only and followed up by rinsing with tepid water. This can be done once a week for radiant skin.
5. Almond Oil, Milk Powder and Lime Juice
Take half a teaspoon each of almond oil and milk powder in a bowl and add to it one teaspoon of lime juice. With your fingertips, gently massage all over the face. This has to be kept on 15 minutes only and followed up by rinsing with warm water. Apply a moisturizer for increased effect. Do this once every week for bright, glowing skin.
6. Almond Oil and Banana
Mash up a ripe banana and mix with it a teaspoon of almond oil. With your fingertips gently massage the pack all over the face and neck. Keep on for 20-25 minutes and wash away with lukewarm water. This can be done twice or thrice a month.
7. Almond Oil, Honey and Milk
Take half a teaspoon each of almond oil and milk in a bowl and to it add one teaspoon of honey. With your fingertips, gently massage all over the face. This has to be kept on 15 minutes only and followed up by rinsing with cold water. Do this twice or thrice every week for the soft and smooth skin. This can also be used to cure chapped lips, for which you may want to leave the solution applied on your lips overnight.
8. Almond Oil, Fine Salt, Sandalwood and Turmeric
Take a tablespoon each of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder in a bowl and adds to it a few drops of almond oil to form a paste. Add a pinch of salt. With your fingertips, gently massage all over the face. This has to be kept on 15-20 minutes only and followed up by rinsing with cold water. Sandalwood makes your skin clear and flawless with its natural composition.
Almond Oil Remedies for Skin Issues
1. For Youthful Skin
Take a fourth of avocado and make it into a puree. Add one teaspoon each of honey and almond oil. Mix the ingredients to get a smooth paste. Apply on the face and other desired areas and let it sit for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
2. For Preventing Signs of Ageing
In a teaspoon of almond oil, empty one capsule of Vitamin E. Now, apply this mix on cleansed face and massage with your fingertips in circular strokes. Let it seep into the skin for about 10 minutes, then take a tissue and gently pat on the face to remove excess oil. After this, splash some water on your face and pat dry.
3. For Removing Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes
Simply apply some oil under your eyes before going to sleep and wash it off the following morning. Results can be seen in around two weeks.
4. For Skin Exfoliation
Take one tablespoon each of sweet almond oil and sugar. Mix them well. Before taking a shower, massage on the face or other body parts if desired with your fingertips. This scrub helps remove dead skin cells from the skin. After scrubbing for a good amount of time, bathe.
5. For Dry Skin
Dry skin becomes dehydrated causing lots of irritation to get rid of that add a few drops of almond oil to your moisturizer and apply on your face and body. For best results, leave this on overnight. The fatty acids and vitamin E will leave your skin supple and soft.
6. For Sun Protection
Apply this oil on your face and body before going out in the sun. Sweet almond oil does not only protect from sun rays (especially the damaging UV rays) but also helps undo the damage that your skin has already taken.
7. For Makeup Removal
Sweet almond oil is very gentle and less greasy. It can remove even mascara with ease. It helps open the skin's pores for easy removal. As a bonus, it will not dry your skin but instead leave it brighter and fresher looking.
Know More : Benefits of Almond Oil for Lips
Precautions While Using Almond Oil
- Always do a patch test before starting any treatment. Even something as natural as almond oil might not suit everyone, so apply it on a small area (like under the jaw) and see the results. If there are no side effects, continue usage.
- Find out in advance if you're allergic to almonds because if you are, even external usage can cause issues.
- Use the oil in small amounts. More oil does not mean better results. Use as directed.
- When using around the eyes, take extreme caution.
- Wipe off any excess oil from the face or body using a tissue or a cloth.
- Bitter Almond Oil and Sweet Almond Oil are not the same. Don't use Bitter Almond oil on the skin. It is a whole different oil, with its own set of risks and directions, and is known to be toxic if used carelessly.
ANVEYA SWEET ALMOND OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Antioxidant properties fight WRINKLES & SAGGING SKIN
- One of the best oils for MASSAGE
- Rejuvenates dead cells, moisturizes CHAPPED LIPS
Written by - Biswashree Mishra
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.