The eucalyptus tree is a native of Australia but over time both the tree and the benefits of its oil spread across the world. It has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic properties that make it one of the ‘most wanted essential oils’ with significant benefits for skin, hair and health. Let’s zoom in on the benefits of eucalyptus oil for beard growth.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil for Beard Growth
A well-kept beard has always been in fashion. Its maintenance is not easy but for those who pull it off, stand apart. And nothing loves a beard more than Eucalyptus oil does. It can go a long way in your beard care, making it longer, softer and smoother! Remember, that pure Eucalyptus oil is highly concentrated and potent, so always remember to dilute this essential oil with a suitable carrier oil (coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil etc.) before applying it on your skin or hair. Read on to know the best benefits and uses of eucalyptus oil for the beard.
1. Makes your beard thick and strong
Eucalyptus oil has all that it takes to produce a thick, shiny and strong beard. Dilute Eucalyptus with a suitable carrier oil like olive oil. Mix a few drops of pure Eucalyptus oil in a teaspoon of the carrier oil. Apply it gently in small quantities, twice a week for best results.
2. Reduces inflammation
Eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory qualities and hence it reduces skin inflammation on the skin under the beard and that leads to healthier facial hair growth.
3. Gives your beard a pleasant smell
The sweat accumulating on your beard can make it smell bad. Eucalyptus oil has a sweet-minty smell that removes the foul odour makes you attractive to people around you.
4. Makes those edges soft
Eucalyptus oil has nourishing and moisturizing qualities that help make your facial hair soft and smooth. Soft facial hair gives you a sleek look.
5. Stimulates follicles
Follicles are the most vital part in the process of beard growth as the hair grows from there. Applying Eucalyptus oil stimulates these hair follicles that in turn increases hair growth. It does so by increasing blood flow around the follicles.
6. Gives you the style
There is nothing that adds more to men's style as a well-styled beard. And eucalyptus oil can help you style your beard as you like. It is natural and works better than synthetic gels to give you a trendy look.
Read More About Advantages of Eucalyptus Oil for Hair Growth
How to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Your Beard?
Eucalyptus oil for beard growth is easy to apply, just follow the following steps
- Make sure your beard is clean and dry before you apply it.
- Pour a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a teaspoon of olive oil in your palm.
- Use your fingers to gently rub it over your beard in a circular motion to stimulate blood flow.
- Apply it on the skin beneath your beard as well and then comb your beard gently to even out the oil.
- Pat it dry with a towel in half an hour or you can also keep it on.
Apply twice a week for long, strong and thick beard.
Using Eucalyptus Oil on Sensitive Skin
1. Use less amount of oil
If you have sensitive skin, it is important that you use eucalyptus oil in smaller quantity and spread it evenly all over your beard. To be careful, take Eucalyptus oil out drop by drop.
2. Mix it with other suitable carrier oil
While Eucalyptus oil mixes well with most carrier oils like coconut oil, almond oil or jojoba oil, choose the carrier oil which suits you best and use a mild dilution. Typically 1-2% essential oil is recommended for most people in a base of carrier oil, but if your skin is sensitive, dilute it even further.
3. Wash it off
After half an hour of applying the oil, rinse it off with cool water to remove oil from your skin. You could use soap to remove it effectively. This will suit better for people with sensitive skin.
Incorporating Eucalyptus Oil into your Grooming Routine
Take a warm shower, clean your beard properly with shampoo but do not use conditioner. Then pat your beard dry with a towel.
Take a few drops of eucalyptus oil and carrier oil blend (1-2% Eucalyptus oil) on your palm and gently massage them onto your beard with your fingers. Remember to not use it excessively.
Leave the oil for at least thirty minutes and then use a fine-toothed comb it to remove the excess oil and style your beard. Combing helps to detangle beard along with evenly spreading the oil over it.
- If you’re using Eucalyptus oil for the first time or are not aware whether you’re allergic to it, remember to test it on a small part of the skin of your arm to check for any adverse reactions. It is advised to consult your doctor/dermatologist before applying eucalyptus oil as it may result in allergies for some people.
- If you have sensitive skin, always wash off the oil from your skin beneath the beard after half an hour or so of the application.
- Use Eucalyptus oil in moderate dilution, quantity and frequency based on the advise of a trusted expert.
- Store Eucalyptus oil in a cool dry place. Avoid using Eucalyptus oil for children and pets.
- Pregnant and nursing mothers and people under medical care or serious medical issues should also avoid using Eucalyptus oil.
Apart from these great benefits of eucalyptus oil for beard care, eucalyptus oil is used for many other skin, hair and health benefits. Jojoba oil is a great oil for the beard too, so have a look at these recipes and applications of jojoba oil for beard care.
EUCALYPTUS OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- HAIR & SCALP Health
- Helps to overcome ACNE & BLEMISHES
- Use during COLD COUGH & SORE THROAT.
- Antispasmodic and relieves STRAINED MUSCLES.
Written by - Pratishtha Deveshwar
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.