When we are choosing skincare products we look for products that are natural, safe and effective on our skin. Increasingly, people are switching to the use of Natural Oils for beauty and health. Unrefined and cold-pressed oils are better than refined and processed oils as they are more beneficial and retain the nutritive value of their origin better. Refined oils are treated with chemical solutions before deodorizing and bleaching the oil. The process of refining decreases the level of antioxidants and nutrients in the oil. On the contrary, virgin and cold-pressed oils have all the nutrients, fragrance intact in them. All the goodness of the natural oil is preserved in the virgin, cold pressed oils.
What Is Cold Pressed Oil?
Cold Pressing is a method of oil extraction from the organically grown seeds, fruits and nuts at a relatively cool temperature without using any chemical solvent, thus protecting the oil from rancidity, trans fat and other toxic chemicals used during processing. The natural oil thus extracted is rich in antioxidants, high on nutritive value, flavour and aroma. The cold-pressed oils are more superior in terms of quality as compared to refined oils.
Also Read : Cold Pressed Oils - Why You Should Switch to this Healthier Alternative
Benefits Of Using Cold Pressed Oils For Skin
Cold pressed Oils are very beneficial for the skin as they are rich in antioxidants and micronutrients and fatty acids are present in their pure form, which is essential to keep your skin healthy and good looking. Let’s discuss below some of the benefits of cold-pressed natural oils
- Cold Pressed Oils are rich in antioxidants which help to reduce oxidative stress on the skin, thus reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Cold Pressed Oils are a rich source of Vitamins like A and E, which helps to moisturize and nourish your skin.
- Cold Pressed Oils are powerhouse of fatty acids such as linoleic and oleic acid which is very beneficial in treating acne.
- Cold Pressed Oils like Myrrh/Lavender have wound healing property, which helps to heal minor cuts and wounds.
- Cold Pressed Oils have anti-inflammatory property due to which it has a soothing and calming effect on irritated and inflamed skin.
- Some of these Oils are very effective in treating sunburned skin.
- Cold Pressed Oils like Coconut and Jojoba Oil acts as natural sunscreen as they have SPF ranging from 4 to 5.
- Regular massage with Cold pressed Oils increases blood circulation, helps to tighten facial muscles and makes your skin more radiant.
How To Use Cold Pressed Oil For Skin Care?
Cold Pressed Natural oils are very safe, effective and a natural remedy for all your skin care problems. Cold Pressed Oils are rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients and fatty acids such as Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9 which are very beneficial for your skin. Let’s discuss some common uses of Cold Pressed Oil
- Cold Pressed Oil like Olive Oil can be used as toner and moisturizer.
- Cold Pressed Castor Oil can be used to moisturize your hair and scalp, nourish and strengthen the roots.
- Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil/Argan Oil is very beneficial for treating acne and pimples
- Some Oils like Grapeseed/Avocado Oil have anti-ageing properties.
- Few Cold pressed Oils can be mixed with foundation cream and apply as a base.
- Tea Tree oil / Bergamot Oil can act as an antiseptic and have anti-inflammatory properties to soothe the dry and itchy skin.
- Few cold pressed oils such as Argan oil can be used under makeup as a base.
- Almond Oil can be used as a makeup remover.
List Of Cold Pressed Oils For Beauty And Skin Care
1. Cold Pressed Avocado Oil
Cold Pressed Avocado Oil is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin A, D and E which help to treat dry, flaky and itchy skin. It is loaded with potassium, lecithin and essential fatty acids help to nourish and moisturize your skin. It has anti-inflammatory property and helps in wound healing process.
Also Read : 15 Proven Benefits of Vitamin E for Skin, Hair and Health
2. Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil
This oil is rich in Vitamin C, D, E and fatty acid which is very effective in treating wrinkles and fine lines. Grapeseed Oil helps to reduce scars and its anti-inflammatory property helps to treat acne and other skin breakouts. It is a lightweight oil and easily absorbed by skin.
3. Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is rich in medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) which help to revitalize and provide nourishment to dry and dehydrated skin. Coconut Oil has antimicrobial property due to which it is very effective in fighting skin infections.
4. Cold Pressed Pomegranate Oil
This oil is rich in antioxidants, it helps to moisturize dry skin and helps to soothe itchiness and irritation. It helps to generate new cells, thus increasing the elasticity of the skin.
5. Cold Pressed Jojoba Oil
Jojoba Oil exhibits emollient property due to which it helps to nourish and moisturize your skin by providing a protective barrier on your skin surface. It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial property due to which it is very effective in treating acne and pimples. We recommend adding Anveya's Jojoba Oil, Cold -pressed organic oil for hair, skin and face care.
Also Read : Jojoba Oil for Skin - Benefits, How to Use and Recipes
ANVEYA JOJOBA OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100 ML
- Natural and best way to WIPE OFF MAKEUP.
- Rich in Vitamin C, E, B, copper, and zinc to nourish the HAIR.
- Vitamin E and B-complex vitamins help SKIN REPAIR and damage control.
- Antioxidants provide ANTI-AGEING EFFECTS.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.