Eucalyptus Oil is obtained by distilling the leaves of the Eucalyptus tree. Hindi speaking people also know it as ‘Nilgiri Tel’. Eucalyptus oil has been used for centuries in many parts of the world and is gaining a lot of popularity in beauty and wellness aisles of the market in recent times too. It is a natural treatment for some of the common skin issues including for the treatment of acne, acne blemishes and spots on the skin.
Is Eucalyptus Oil Safe for Acne Treatment?
Eucalyptus oil is extremely safe for acne treatment as long as used according to the recipes and directions from reputed sources. Essential oils like Eucalyptus oil are concentrated and very potent and hence must be used with a large degree of dilution. Refer to Anveya’s dilution guideline for essential oils or refer to particular recipes from trusted sources. Overuse of the oil can be lethal and might cause severe stomach ache, dizziness, muscle weakness, etc. In general, essential oils are not meant to be taken internally.
It can be diluted with water or any carrier oil like coconut oil, jojoba oil, etc. The oil must be diluted for any kind of topical application and should be used in moderation.
In case you’re a pregnant or nursing mother or under medical care, avoid using Eucalyptus oil unless directed by your doctor. The use of this oil must be avoided on children as well.
Why Use Eucalyptus Oil for Acne?
The reasons behind the outbreaks on our skin can be excess oil, inflammation, hormonal imbalance, etc. Eucalyptus oil can combat most of the root causes because of the amazing properties it possesses:
The idea of using eucalyptus oil is that it addresses the root cause of acne and the problems it causes, unlike other products healing it superficially.
When to Use Eucalyptus Oil for Acne?
There are ample ways of how and when to use Eucalyptus oil. The most popular once are:
1. Use It as A Spot Treatment During The Night
This is a very simple trick and shows effect within a week. All you have to do is infuse about 2 drops of the oil with a teaspoon of water and apply it on the spots with the help of a cotton swab. Leave it on overnight. This is an amazing method and is not at all complex.
2. Use It as A Component Of Your Regular Moisturizer
You can infuse a drop or two of eucalyptus oil in your regular moisturizer and apply it all over your body. This is yet again a simple procedure and is quite effective.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil for Acne
Besides curing acne and scars, the oil reduces respiratory problems such as cold and cough. The oil is often used as a constituent in the moisturizers, ointments and mouthwash as well.
It is incredibly beneficial when it comes to curing the infections and wounds. It is often used as an insect repellent. Above all, it is an amazing pain reliever and an immunity booster.
Many Ways to Use Eucalyptus Essential Oil For Acne Treatment
There are ample of chemical treatments, to cure the acne. But all of these methods cure them temporarily and also leave scars. But Eucalyptus oil leaves no scars and also removes the existing scars and acne. Here is how you can use the oil to treat the acne.
1. Eucalyptus Oil and Avocado Oil For Acne
Eucalyptus oil infused with avocado oil tops our list of natural acne treatments. It is a simple method and extremely effective.
- 2 drops of Eucalyptus Oil
- 5 teaspoons of Avocado Oil
Direction for use
- Take a bowl and add the avocado oil in it.
- Add the eucalyptus oil to the bowl with the help of a dropper.
- Stir the mixture until all the constituents are mixed thoroughly.
- Apply this mixture all over your face with light fingers.
- Repeat this method every day.
2. Eucalyptus Oil and Aloe Vera Gel For Acne
Another way to heal acne with the eucalyptus oil is to use it with aloe vera gel. Both of these constituents offer amazing skin benefits when used separately. When they are combined, their effect gets elevated. This mixture is an unbeatable treatment for acne.
- Aloe vera gel - 1 tbsp
- Eucalyptus oil - 2-3 drops
Direction for use
- Add one tablespoon of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of eucalyptus oil to the bowl.
- Mix both the constituents well.
- With the help of your fingertips, apply the mixture on your face.
- Use this mixture once a day for the best results.
3. Eucalyptus Oil and Coconut Oil For Acne
I don’t need to make you aware of the endless benefits of the coconut oil, but do know the benefits of coconut oil with the eucalyptus oil? Let me help you there. Both these oils are considered beneficial for the treatment of various skin hazards. In the mixture of both the oils, coconut oil works as the carrier oil, whereas eucalyptus oil is the essential oil.
- Coconut oil - 2 tbsp
- Eucalyptus oil - 5-6 drops
Direction for use
- In a bowl, take out 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Add 5-6 drops of eucalyptus oil to the bowl and mix it well.
- Gently massage the oil, all over your face.
4. Eucalyptus Oil and Water
As mentioned earlier, eucalyptus oil should always be used in the diluted form. It can be lethal if used without dilution. Water, among all the substances that are used for the dilution, is the best and the easiest method.
- Half a cup of water
- 4 drops of eucalyptus oil
Direction for Use
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and store it in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture all over your face. Repeat it once a day.
What Are the Side Effects & Its Precautions?
Like everything else, natural ingredients too have to be used in moderation. Essential oils especially are very potent and just a few drops of it diluted to 1-2% degree in a carrier oil or other media is sufficient for the benefit. Refer to the recipes above or to Anveya’s general essential oil dilution guide. Some of the common side effects of using too much eucalyptus oil are:
- Stomach pain
To prevent these side effects, there are certain precautions that you can take.
- Patch test: Patch tests are done to test whether the skin behaves abnormally to the oil and checks for any allergies. You can carry out the test by applying a drop of oil on your skin and observe if it shows any reaction. This way you can ensure that the oil is 100% safe for your skin.
- Another way is to consult your doctor before you indulge in any kind of treatment plan for your skin. The doctor will help you figure out the exact amount of the oil you should intake or apply for the best results and for zero side effects.
- Make sure to use the oil in diluted form only.
- Use of Eucalyptus oil should be avoided by pregnant and nursing mothers, people under medical care, children and pets.
Top 21 Uses and Benefits Of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Advantages of Eucalyptus Oil for Hair Growth
EUCALYPTUS OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- HAIR & SCALP Health
- Helps to overcome ACNE & BLEMISHES
- Use during COLD COUGH & SORE THROAT.
- Antispasmodic and relieves STRAINED MUSCLES.
Written By - Smriti Bhardwaj
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.