These days most of us just live for the weekends. With work from home pressure mounting, we hardly get time to take care of our skin and hair needs during the weekdays. Therefore, it is crucial to make time for a pamper routine during the weekends. In this blog, we will discuss the importance of a weekly pamper regimen and the different things that we can do to relax our senses and enhance our beauty. Plus, we will touch upon how it will help us look like the best version of ourselves on a daily basis.
Why Do We Need A Self-Care Pamper Routine?
Self-care is in vogue these days. You need not feel embarrassed for taking care of yourself. Self-care is much needed to help yourself relax and take a break from the long weeks and hectic schedules. An extra TLC is required for having healthy and problem-free skin. Taking care of yourself does not mean that you should spend your whole weekend in a spa or beauty salon while making a big hole in your pocket. Invest in some really good beauty products and combine them with the products you already have amassed in your beauty arsenal to convert a regular weekend into an elegant experience. Let’s see how.
Also Read : Some self-care practices that we got to include in our lives
A Perfect Self-Care Pamper Routine For Weekend
Here are some easy-to-follow tips that can help you unwind and rejuvenate during the weekends.
1. Set Up A Home Spa
Command Alexa to play a relaxing track to alleviate your mood, before you start this regime. A recent study has revealed that light music can fend off stress, tension, and depression, helping your mind and body relax. Rummage through your beauty shelves, take out your favorite skincare products and get ready for a pampering routine.
Clean The Whole House
We understand that weekends are for relaxing and you may not like the idea of cleaning the whole house, as it can be tiresome. But if you want to feel relaxed and enjoy the benefits of a spa session, you need to clear the clutter.
Cleanse From Within
Prepare a fruit-infused detoxifying drink for yourself, and drink in small batches so that you can finish it off throughout the day. Eat lots of fresh fruits and try to consume fresh raw vegetables such as carrot and cucumber, to maintain gut health.
Dress Up In Your Spa Outfit
Shed out regular clothes and dress up in your spa outfit. It need not be an expensive outfit. Just an easy long bathrobe, a pair of flip-flops, as well as a head wrap is all you need to enhance the experience of self-care.
2. Soak In Luxurious Bath
Fill your bathtub with warm water. To this, add 2 cups of Epsom salt, as it helps to improve blood circulation, reduce blood pressure, and ease muscle tension.
3. Pampering Yourself With Professional Styled Facial
Skincare should be your top priority and should be first on your to-do list. Invest in quality skin care products and avoid products containing harsh chemicals. Follow these simple steps for an effective at-home facial treatment.
- Cleanse your face and remove all makeup with a makeup remover. Almond oil is a great makeup remover.
- Follow it up with a low pH cleanser, massage in circular movements on your face and neck for approximately a minute.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- To open pores and clean them, steam your face for up to 10 minutes. You can do facial steam at home by placing your face over the facial steamer and steaming your face for about 8-10 minutes. You can perform this once or twice a week for clean and clear skin.
- After facial steaming, now it’s time for chemical exfoliation. It is a gentle way of getting rid of dead skin cells as compared to physical exfoliators, which can aggravate sensitive skin.
- After your chemical exfoliation, apply a moisturizing and soothing face mask. You can either use a lotion or gel-based mask or a sheet mask.
- Rinse your skin with cold water, and also use your regular cream, lip balm, and eye cream. A hyaluronic acid serum has hydrating as well as anti-ageing benefits. Once you are done with your facial skincare routine, your final step should be applying Hyaluronic acid serum to your skin for maintaining a spa-fresh look.
Also Read : Hyaluronic Acid - A Secret To Youthful Skin
4. Take Care Of Your Nails
Taking care of your nails is an imperative part of pampering yourself. With quality products and tools, you can achieve salon-quality pedis and manis at home with the righ products and tools. Let’s see what all you require to get started with.
- Nail Polish Remover
- Pumice Stone
- Nail file or clippers
- Cuticle Oil or Moisturizing Cream
- Cotton Pads
- Nail Buffer
- LED Drying Lamp
Let's take a look at the steps involved in getting your pedis and manis done at home.
- Prep your nails before starting the procedure. Take a cotton pad and soak it in nail polish remover. Get rid of any leftover nail paint and clean your nails.
- Soak your feet in warm water for a few minutes. For a more relaxing effect, you can add 1 cup of kosher salt for an added relaxing effect. Light a few candles around to get that perfect spa effect.
- Use a pumice stone to remove dead skin cells and calluses from heels.
- Now when your foot and nails are soft, you can trim your toenails with the nail clipper.
- With the help of a nail file, shape your nails, focusing on the edges.
- Use an ice cream stick to push back the cuticles and apply cuticle oil to strengthen your toenails.
- Massage your feet with a moisturizing lotion.
- Now you can apply nail polish to enhance the look of your toenails.
You can do a manicure at home by following the same basic steps, just keep in mind that instead of pumice stone, you can use an exfoliating scrub to eliminate dead skin cells from your hands.
Also Read : Have Gel Manicures Damaged Your Nails? Here's How You Can Fix It
Self-care as the name suggests is a form of self-love, it's a way of making time for yourself and tend your needs. While most of us are busy pleasing others, be it at work or home, taking time to rejuvenate your senses and groom yourself is imperative. Not only will a pamper routine help you look polished and put together at all times, but it will also help you relax your mind and calm your senses. Be sure to reserve some time for an at-home spa session and make it a weekly regimen.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.