There are so many men who struggle with a patchy beard and unfortunately, happen to be very conscious of it. With thick, dense beards in trend, there are quite a few products that claim to improve beard growth. In such a scenario it becomes difficult to find an effective remedy to accelerate the growth. However, there are some oils that can help. A few cold-pressed and carrier oils can be beneficial in ensuring that the beard grows faster. So let's discuss these oils, how to apply them, and their benefits.
Having a dense beard is the latest trend, and men find it hard to keep it well-groomed and well maintained. Facial hair in men is quite rough and coarse; it requires immense hydration and conditioning to keep it soft, smooth, and frizz-free. Oil for beard growth and beard growth serum available in the market can be very expensive and dig a big hole in your pocket. To help you prepare beard oil at home, we have compiled some of the best essential and carrier oils to concoct a beard grooming potion. Keep reading to know everything about how to prepare beard oil at home.
What Is Beard Oil?
Beard oil is a moisturizing and nourishing combination of oils that focus on maintaining a healthy, dense, and well-maintained beard. Beard growth oil is a combination of natural oils combined with the goodness of essential oils that work on hair roots and shafts to improve the texture and appearance of the beard. Similarly, beard growth serum combines natural extracts and active hair growth-promoting ingredients such as redensyl and arginine.
Benefits Of Beard Oil
It is common for men to experience itchiness, dandruff, or "beardruff.” It can be difficult for skincare to reach the facial skin with a thick full-grown beard, leading to skin conditions such as inflammation, dryness and acne.
Longer beards are prone to get frizzy and tangled. Daily application of beard oil and combing will make your beard hair soft, smooth, frizz-free, therefore, promoting its growth. Let's have a quick look at the benefits of beard oil.
Beard oil helps to tame your frizzy, tangled beard hair.
- It helps reduce ‘breadruff’ and keeps the skin moisturized underneath your facial hair.
- It is also beneficial in eliminating ingrown hair.
- It effectively tames skin dryness, itchiness, and inflammation.
- It keeps your facial hair well-nourished and moisturized, promoting hair growth.
Also Read : 6 Most Effective Ways for Applying Beard Oil
Best Essential Oil For Beard Growth
Essential oils are known for their refreshing aroma and therapeutic properties, which help repair, heal and regenerate your skin and hair conditions. Let's look at some of the best essential oil for beard growth.
1. Tea Tree Oil
The small flaky skin around your beard is called beardruff. Tea tree oil exhibits anti-bacterial properties, which is beneficial in eliminating beardruff. Its astringent property unclogs the pores, thus tea tree oil can help prevent infection or conditions like dandruff.
- Works on ACNE, SCARS & PIGMENTATION due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Application in treating SKIN, NAIL & TOE INFECTIONS
- Great for HAIR. Fights against DANDRUFF with its antifungal properties
- Diffuse for fresh & CLEAN HOME
2. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil stimulates blood circulation under the skin, thus fortifying the hair follicles with essential nutrients, allowing fuller, healthier, and faster beard growth.
ANVEYA PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- COLD & CONGESTION: used as a decongestant
- HAIR & SCALP HEALTH: soothes the scalp, preventing dryness
- Good source of Vitamin E Benefits for SKIN
- A natural PAIN RELIEVER
3. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is not only good for hair growth, but its anti-microbial property prevents bacterial and fungal infection, preventing your hair follicles from getting damaged.
ANVEYA BULGARIAN LAVENDER OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- Its floral scent is great for RELAXATION & CALM SLEEP
- Use for Healthy HAIR & DANDRUFF RELIEF
- FACE CARE: Anti-inflammatory properties help Acne and Scars.
- MASSAGE & AROMATHERAPY: natural soothing oil for mind and body
4. Cedarwood Oil
It boosts blood circulation, stimulating hair follicles, thereby promoting hair growth. Its anti-fungal property prevents beardruff and other skin infections. Beard oil for patchy beard has this essential oil as one of the main ingredients.
5. Rosemary Oil
It is vital to maintain good skin health on the face, otherwise, it can cause dandruff and patches on the skin, making your beard look dry and unhealthy. Rosemary oil is effective in promoting beard growth. It moisturizes the skin beneath the beard, boosts blood circulation, promoting beard growth.
Best Carrier Oils For Beard Growth
Essential oils are highly potent and concentrated oils. Thus essential oils should always be diluted with a carrier oil before topical application. Let's have a look at some of the best carrier oil for beard growth.
1. Argan Oil
Argan oil is rich in Vitamin E and fatty acid, which is extremely beneficial in promoting beard hair growth. The high level of antioxidants repair the damaged cells and boost cell growth, thereby promoting beard growth. Regular application makes your facial hair soft, smooth and shiny. Argan oil is the main ingredient in many beard oils for a patchy beard as it promotes the growth of thick and dense facial hair.
Also Read : Argan Oil for Beard - Benefits and Recipes
MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Great for CURLY HAIR & FRIZZY OR DRY HAIR.
- Regulates sebum and controls ACNE BREAKOUTS.
- Vitamin E & anti-oxidant rich – combats the SIGNS OF AGEING.
- Hydrates NAILS & LIPS
2. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is quite similar to the natural sebum produced by the body. It controls excess oil production, keeps the facial skin and hair well hydrated. Its anti-inflammatory properties fight itchy, inflamed skin, preventing beard acne. Being rich in antioxidants it fights skin infection, making your skin healthy and problem-free.
JOJOBA OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100 ML
- Natural and best way to WIPE OFF MAKEUP.
- Rich in Vitamin C, E, B, copper, and zinc to nourish the HAIR.
- Vitamin E and B-complex vitamins help SKIN REPAIR and damage control.
- Antioxidants provide ANTI-AGEING EFFECTS.
3. Coconut Oil
The fatty acids of coconut oil keep your beard soft, smooth and frizz-free. Its anti-microbial property helps fight bacteria, viruses and fungi which are responsible for skin infection and for damaging your hair follicle. It keeps your facial hair hydrated and nourished, making it manageable.
How To Make Your Own Beard Growth Oil At Home
Now that you are aware of the best essential oil and carrier oil for beard growth, you can make your beard oil and customize it according to your needs.
- Argan Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Jojoba Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Tea Tree Oil - 2 drops
- Lavender Oil - 2 drops
- Rosemary Oil - 2 drops
- Peppermint Oil -1 drop
- Take all the ingredients in a glass bowl mix well.
- Transfer the contents in a clean amber glass bottle and secure it with a cap or dropper.
How To Apply
- With the help of a dropper, take 4-5 drops of the oil in your palms.
- Use your fingertips to massage the beard oil gently into the beard, making its way to the skin.
- Now comb your beard to ensure even application of the oil.
- Apply this beard growth oil to your freshly washed and towel-dried beard for desired results.
Also Read : A Beginners Guide For Beard Grooming
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.