Thick healthy eyebrows not only look beautiful but bring out the art and brightness in your eyes, highlighting them naturally. Constant plucking of eyebrows to maintain them in shape, poor and low protein diet, and poor makeup practices can often reduce their growth resulting in thinned out and faded brows. Fuller eyebrows can make one look younger by taking those extra years off one‚Äôs face. Even in the world of fashion, thicker, longer brows are now in. From runway models to celebrities, everyone is sporting them.
How To Get Thicker Eyebrows Quickly?
The below-mentioned tips for thick eyebrows will help you
1. Say Goodbye To Tweezers For 12 Weeks
The growth cycle of eyebrows is about 3months or 12weeks. So hide your tweezers for 12weeks. It might feel a little awkward at first, but it is an efficient and non-invasive way to restore the growth of your brows. Groom your eyebrows every day using a spoolie to aid their growth in the desired direction and keep them from looking messy. After 12 weeks, pluck out the stray hairs on your brow arches which aren‚Äôt aligned with your brows. Your brow hair strands will then start to come out stronger the next month around. This is a cost-effective and chemical free procedure towards having beautiful, thick, lush brows.
2. Use A Brow Gel
This cosmetic product is becoming increasingly popular and if you haven‚Äôt been blessed with thick brow arches, worry not! This is for you. It is a clear thin liquid that comes in a tiny bottle with a brow brush. Just apply it on top of your eyebrows before stepping out. This brow gel will hold your eyebrows in place all day without clumping or rolling the hair strands. Give gentle upper strokes with the brush provided to give a quick, natural arch to your brows. This is your go-to product if you‚Äôre running late and need a quick fix for your messy brows. This brow gel is available at all leading cosmetic stores.
3. Use A Brow Growth Serum
For quick results, these brow growth sera have been launched in the market. Available in a wide range of prices, the main components used in these Sera are biotin and zinc, the most important nutrients that help dormant hair follicles in the brow arches to get reactivated. This increases the growth of the brow hair. It also performs the tasks of conditioning and moisturizing the brow cuticles. Regular use of a brow growth serum gives results and there is a noticeable difference in the pattern of hair growth. They grow faster and thicker. This serum has been a blessing for those who have over waxed brow arches and suffer from brow baldness.
Also Read : 8 Natural Ways To Grow Your Eyelashes
10 ways To Grow Thick Eyebrows Using Home Remedies
Products derived naturally have always been safer to use. Plus, they don‚Äôt have irreversible adverse side effects, unlike their chemical counterparts. For those who aren‚Äôt endowed with thick brow arches, these simple and effective home remedies will answer your questions on how to have thick eyebrows.
1. Castor Oil
This has been a versatile ingredient in makeup and beauty home remedies. It helps maintain skin health and is an excellent hair growth enhancer, which is why it has been used as a solution for thin, waxed out eyebrows. Castor oil is rich in fatty acids which help the hair follicles grow, reactivating dormant hair follicles, triggering hair growth from them. Apart from promoting hair growth, castor oil also reduces hair fall from brow arches, catering to the presence of a high content of ricinoleic acid in it which adds volume to the thinning eyebrows. Massaging castor oil over the brow arches encourages hair growth because, massaging warms up the area, boosting blood supply to the roots of the hair shafts, thereby supplying nutrients and improving hair growth. The moisturizing action of castor oil prevents drying of hair follicles, causing them to multiply and increase hair growth.
How To use
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser before retiring to bed. Pat dry with a face towel.
- Using fingertips or a cotton pad, lightly Dab castor oil on to your brow arches.
- Gently massage the oil on your eyebrows giving it an aid in the direction you want it to grow in.
Castor oil easily penetrates the skin and is absorbed quickly. After it has been absorbed into your skin, leave it overnight and wash with lukewarm water the next morning after waking up. Applying castor oil religiously over your brows will cause a dramatic spurt in hair growth of the brows, giving you thick and dark eyebrows that you have always desired.
Also Read : Castor Oil for Eyebrow Growth - 6 Ways to Use
ANVEYA JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL, COLD-PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Jamaican Black Castor oil is a popular and natural oil for HAIR HEALTH & GROWTH
- Antioxidant properties of Jamaican Black Castor Oil helps FIGHT THE SIGNS OF AGEING SKIN
- Omega-9-rich Jamaican Black Castor Oil is popular for BEARD GROWTH & CARE.
- PROMOTING THICKNESS, LENGTH & GROWTH of eyebrows & eyelashes
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can act as a castor oil substitute for people with oily skin or skin vulnerable to acne breakouts because castor oil has a relatively richer and thicker consistency and hence the coconut oil substitution. Coconut oil is abundant in vitamins E and K, and also a rich powerhouse of Iron, the micronutrient involved in the maintenance of healthy hair. Vitamin E, tocopherol is rich in antioxidants that combat free radicals which have a potential to cause hair damage and hair depigmentation. Vitamin K is rich in proteins and hair is formed of keratin protein, therefore vitamin K discourages protein degradation and encourages protein binding to strengthen the hair strands and prevent them from shedding. Besides, coconut oil also has mild antiseptic actions that retard bacterial and fungal growth on hair, improving the quality of hair.
How To use
- Wash face thoroughly with water before going to bed. Towel dry it.
- Use your fingertips or a Q-tip to apply coconut oil on your eyebrows.
- Gently massage the oil onto your brows.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash off the next day with lukewarm water.
- Use regularly for the best results.
3. Olive Oil
Apart from healthy cooking, olive oil also has some significant actions on healthy brows. Olive oil is a rich source of vitamin A, that balances sebum production and restores natural oils to the hair strands and vitamin E or tocopherol, that has prominent anti-oxidant properties. It helps to fight the free oxidative radicals by scavenging them and thus inhibiting the harm caused by these free radicals to hair growth and pigmentation. It also has an excellent emollient action that locks in the moisture content within the hair shafts, keeping them hydrated and nourished. Since castor oil is a thick, viscous oil, olive oil can be used to dilute it for application on eyebrows.
How To use
- Take a drop of extra virgin olive oil on your fingertips and gently rub it over your brow arches.
- Leave it on for a couple of hours and wash off with lukewarm water after some time.
- Do this every day for best results.
4. Onion Juice
The rich amount of sulphur present in onions is the reason behind their overwhelming effect on brow hair growth. The sulphur present in it helps to boost collagen production and prevents greying of hair. Don‚Äôt let that pungent onion odour frighten you. Make the best use of onions to grow your eyebrows thicker and faster.
How To Use
- Take a juice extractor to take out the juice from the onions
- Apply it on the entire brow using a Q-tip
- Avoid using fingers because they would smell strongly of the sulphur
- Avoid contact of the onion juice with your eyes
- If it gets into your eyes, rinse thoroughly with water
5. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds contain hormones and nicotinic acid that helps to strengthen the hair shafts that prevent hair from shedding and help the brows grow denser. Fenugreek seeds also impart a healthy shine to the brow arches and using them regularly will also darken your brows keeping premature greying of hair at bay.
How To Use
- Soak 2-3 tbs of Fenugreek seeds in a cup of water overnight
- Make a paste of these Fenugreek seeds and apply this paste on your eyebrows
- Leave it overnight and wash it off the next day
- Use regularly for best results
6. Aloe Vera
Inexpensive and efficient, aloe vera has a growth-boosting effect on your eyebrows. It has antiseptic properties and has a soothing effect on the eyebrows that might have been caused by sunburn or chemicals. It rehydrates the skin, nourishing the hair follicles to grow back faster and thicker. Regular use of Aloe vera has shown to benefit growth spurt in eyelashes and eyebrows.
How To Use
- Take freshly extracted aloe vera gel from the garden plant
- Apply it over your brows evenly
- Leave it on for 20mins
- Wash off with water
- Use regularly for satisfactory results
7. Almond Oil
Contains vitamin E, vital for hair and skin growth. It prevents hair from shedding and makes it denser and thicker. Almond oil stimulates hair follicle multiplication and hence promotes hair growth in the brow arches.
How To Use
- Massage a drop of almond oil onto your brows
- Leave it overnight
- Wash off the next day
- Use regularly for best results
ANVEYA SWEET ALMOND OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Antioxidant properties fight WRINKLES & SAGGING SKIN
- One of the best oils for MASSAGE
- Rejuvenates dead cells, moisturizes CHAPPED LIPS
8. Egg Yolk
A powerhouse of proteins, egg yolk is rich in keratin protein that enhances hair growth. Egg yolk not only strengthens the brows but also thickens them, making them smoother and softer and less prone to damage.
How To Use
- Break an egg and separate the yolk.
- Beat the yolk into a creamy consistency.
- Apply this onto your brows and leave it on for 30mins.
- Wash off with water.
- Use twice weekly for best results.
Milk is indeed a beauty drink! Milk is rich in casein and whey protein, the two major triggers to enhanced hair growth. Milk also has hydrating action and keeps the moisture in the hair strands sealed, preventing dryness and brittleness of the hair strands.
How To Use
- Soak a ball of cotton in milk.
- Dab this cotton onto your brows.
- Leave it on for 15mins and wash with water.
10. Lemon Juice
Rich in vitamin C, limonene and folic acid compounds, lemon juice actively helps to cause growth spurt in the eyebrows. It also has antifungal properties and keeps fungal infections at bay.
How To Use
- Cut a slice of lemon and apply it directly onto the brows.
- Leave it on for 20mins and wash off with lukewarm water the next day.
- Avoid contact of the lemon juice with eyes. Rinse with water if that happens.
Tips On How To Thicken Your Eyebrows
- Apply a mixture of lavender and tea tree essential oils with your preferred carrier oil for their soothing and calming effect on brows. Helps heal sunburn and brow rashes, reducing the vulnerability of shedding.
- Massage your brows in circular, gentle movements. This will improve the blood circulation in the brow area boosting hair growth.
- Vitamin E capsules, rich in anti-oxidant properties, regular intake of vitamin E supplements for those who lack them in their diet due to malabsorption syndromes and encourage hair growth.
- Eat food rich in Omega-3-fatty acids that boost hair growth from the dormant hair follicles.
Also Read: How to Get Thicker Eyelashes Using Natural Ingredients
When To Consult A Doctor?
- If your eyebrows have started thinning out particularly around the outer edges, it is a probable sign of dysfunctional thyroid production (hypo and hyperthyroidism) and you need to see a doctor. This is also accompanied by hair fall and hypertensive states which add to anxiety issues, increasing the chances of shedding of hair.
- Patchy brows accompanied by erythema and itchiness. Causes by a skin condition called eczema which may be allergic in origin. Consult a dermatologist for the reduction in the inflammation and switch over to milder soap-free facial cleansers.
- Iron deficiency Anemia can lead to fading of brows and hair fall. Consult a doctor for iron supplement tablets to increase hair density.
- A psychological condition called trichotillomania which is characterized by the urge to pluck one‚Äôs own hair, brow or scalp requires specialized attention.
- Fungal, bacterial or lice infections in the hair shaft leads to intense itchiness and shedding of hair.
- Telogen effluvium, a type of scalp hair loss condition can affect the eyebrows. Mainly caused by stress and emotional disturbances, plus hormonal disbalance. This requires medical attention.
- Alopecia areata, an autoimmune condition that mistakenly attacks the hair follicles of the scalp hair and can lead to complete brow loss.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.