Pine essential oil is an essential oil obtained from the needles of the pine tree through the process of steam distillation. It has cleansing, refreshing, rejuvenating properties. Its smell reminds one of the woods' heavy, heady scent. Supposed to have been used extensively in ancient Greek times, pine oil has several health benefits which make it a wonderful essential oil. It is also a very important essential oil in aromatherapy and is used to create several blends using other oils as well.
What Are The Benefits Of Pine Oil?
Pine oil has antibacterial, antifungal properties and is rich in antioxidants. Research has confirmed that it uses reduce disease-causing inflammation on the body and clean the air too. Pine oil is used widely for the following benefits
1. It Has Anti Inflammatory Properties
Due to the presence of a significant amount of antioxidants, pine essential oil is beneficial in fighting free radical damage and chronic inflammatory responses. This helps relieve conditions like arthritis.
2. Helps Treat Acne And Other Skin Conditions
Naturally derived essential oils serve as great treatments for acne and other skin conditions such as psoriasis, warts, insect bites, etcetera. Pine oil possesses antifungal and antibacterial properties and as such is able to fight against these skin conditions.
3. Pine Oil Is A Natural Decongestant
Pine oil is helpful when one is sick with a cold. It helps loosen phlegm in the lungs, offers relief when one suffers from a sore throat. Massage a mixture of pine oil with a carrier oil such as coconut oil, onto your back, throat and chest for relief.
4. It Offers Relief From Headaches
Because it possesses the ability to reduce toxins in the air when diffused, pine oil offers relief from headaches. Headaches are often caused due to the environmental pollutants. It also aids in keeping us stress-free which is also significant in preventing headaches.
5. Uplifts Mood
It can help relieve emotional, mental and physical fatigue which helps improve one‚Äôs mood. It sharpens your memory, focus and alertness. Pine oil is additionally is helpful in preventing stress. Check out some of the tips to overcome stress in life.
6. It Is Helpful In Treating Injuries
Because it is antiseptic and anti-fungal, pine essential oil is regularly used to treat boils, cuts and sports-related injuries. It can even treat Athlete's Foot.
7. Acts As A Natural Deodorizer For Home
Pine oil not only eliminates bacteria and fungi that can lead to contamination it is also useful in cleaning the air and reduce the chances of colds, headaches, the flu, skin reactions, etcetera. Diffuse pine oil and spray it all over your house for a natural, woody smelling environment. It is a great oil for freshening one's home. This can even lead to an increase in productivity.
Which Essential Oils Work Well With Pine Oil?
Essential oils can blend together with several oils. There are dozens of permutations and combinations. However, some of the oils that pine oil in particular blends well and offers an overall more productive blend in terms of scent and medicinal effects are the following
- Rosemary oil
- Grapefruit oil
- Cedarwood oil
- Coriander oil
- Sandalwood oil
- Thyme oil
- Cypress oil
- Lavender oil
These are some of the essential oils that pine oil blends well with. Some of these blends have better medicinal benefits as well as aromatic potency. Since essential oils are highly concentrated and potent, they are diluted with carrier oils like almond oil or coconut oil.
Side Effects And Cautionary Tips
- Pine oil, as any other essential oil, cannot be used in its undiluted form. The first rule of how to use pine oil is to never use it undiluted. Apply pine oil to your skin only after diluting it with another carrier oil, and perform a skin patch test before investing in its long-term usage. Ideally, you should perform this patch test on a surface which is not too sensitive such as your elbow or forearm.
- Keep it away from your nose or eyes as it can easily irritate mucous membranes.
- Old pine oil or pine oil left unused for long durations, as well as dwarf pine oil, is often a cause of dermatitis. Avoid using old and expired bottles of pine oil and buy pine oil only from trusted sellers and manufacturers.
- Pregnant or nursing women should avoid using pine oil and should ideally consult their doctors before its usage in any form or way.
- An inappropriate dosage of pine oil can lead to various problems ranging from skin rashes to eye irritation to gastrointestinal issues. Thus it is advisable to use pine oil with the correct dosage as prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner or a reputed source.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.