Many of us are aware of the skincare benefits of rosewater. People use it on the skin to add glow to the face, improve the texture and appearance of your skin. Rosewater is the main ingredient in many skincare products and is also used in perfumes because of its mesmerizing fragrance. It is also used for culinary purposes in some west Asian countries. But do you know that rose water is equally beneficial for maintaining your scalp and hair health? It is rich in vital nutrients which are essential for maintaining thick, long luscious hair and a problem-free scalp. Read on to know the benefits of rose water for healthy hair, scalp and how to introduce rose water in your haircare regime.
How Does Rosewater Improve Your Scalp And Hair Health?
Rosewater is made by steeping rose petals in water or by the steam distillation of rose petals to produce rose essential oil. Rosewater is the by-product of the production of rose oil. Rosewater is loaded with beauty benefits due to which it is essentially used in many beauty products. It exhibits astringent properties, hence effective in treating itchy scalp. It is rich in Vitamin A, B3, C, D, E and flavonoids which moisturize your scalp and hair. Rosewater has anti-inflammatory properties due to which it has a soothing effect on your scalp and skin. The pH of rose water is similar to the pH of your hair, hence beneficial in promoting hair growth. Its astringent and antiseptic properties are effective in reducing dandruff and maintaining a healthy scalp. It improves the elasticity of your hair, preventing hair breakage and is known to stimulate hair follicles promoting the growth of healthy hair.
Benefits Of Including Rosewater In Your Haircare Regime?
Since time immemorial, rosewater has been used in treating various skin and hair conditions. It is well known for its refreshing and rejuvenating fragrance and widely used in spas and aromatherapy. It is loaded with vital nutrients which hydrate and nourish your scalp and hair. Let’s look into the benefits of rosewater for improving your hair health.
1. Controls Oily Scalp
Hyperactive sebaceous oil glands make your scalp and hair greasy. Rosewater is beneficial in treating greasy scalp as its pH is similar to that of your hair, hence provides hydration and nourishment to your scalp, thereby reduces the secretion of oil from the glands.
2. Reduces Dryness
Rosewater is rich in Vitamins and flavonoids due to which it is known to moisturize your scalp and hair, thereby reducing dryness. A well-hydrated scalp promotes the growth of healthy hair.
3. Repairs Hair Damage
Frequent use of styling tools can damage your hair leading to hair fall, hair breakage and hair thinning. Rosewater is known to repair your damaged strands and it is loaded with essential nutrients necessary for maintaining your hair health. Rinse your hair with rose water after washing and conditioning your hair, as it helps to improve the texture of your hair.
Also Read : How to Repair Damaged Hair - 8 Easy Ways
4. Promotes Hair Growth
Regular massage with rosewater improves scalp health, stimulates the hair follicles, improves blood circulation, thereby repairs the damaged hair and promotes the growth of hair. It is rich in Vitamins A, B, C and E which keep your scalp hydrated and well-nourished thereby boosting hair growth.
5. Reduces Dandruff
Rosewater is known for its astringent and antiseptic properties due to which it effectively reduces dandruff. It is as effective as an anti-dandruff shampoo in treating dandruff.
Introducing rosewater into your hair care regime will definitely improve the texture and appearance of your strands, making your hair soft, smooth and shiny.
How To Introduce Rose Water In Your Haircare Regime?
You can directly rinse your hair with rosewater or add it to your regular shampoo and conditioner to reap the haircare benefits of rosewater. There are several ways to include rosewater in your haircare regime. You can add rosewater in your hair mask, to your shampoo or use it as a hydrating serum. It is always good to add other natural hydrating and nourishing ingredients such as jojoba oil, castor oil, coconut oil, olive oil etc along with rosewater to reap maximum haircare benefit. You can choose whichever method best suits your hair requirements.
1. Rosewater & Glycerine Mix For Dry, Frizzy Hair
Glycerine is known to be a natural humectant that keeps your strands hydrated for a longer time by retaining the moisture inside your strands.
- Glycerine – 3 tablespoons
- Rosewater – 3 tablespoons
- Spray Bottle
- Take both the ingredients in equal quantities and mix well.
- Massage this mixture on your scalp and let it remain for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Transfer the remaining contents in a spray bottle, you can store it in a refrigerator and use it as and when required.
This rose water mix is beneficial for treating dry, frizzy hair. It keeps your strands hydrated, making them soft and smooth.
2. Rosewater & Castor Oil For Damaged Hair
Castor oil is rich in antioxidants which repairs your damaged hair. Being rich in vitamins, proteins and minerals, castor oil is vital in improving your scalp and hair condition.
- Rosewater- 1 cup
- Castor Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Vitamin E capsule- 1
- Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients, apply evenly on your scalp and hair.
- Gently massage for a few minutes and let the mixture stay on your hair for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo. Condition and style as usual.
JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL, COLD-PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Jamaican Black Castor oil is a popular and natural oil for HAIR HEALTH & GROWTH
- Antioxidant properties of Jamaican Black Castor Oil helps FIGHT THE SIGNS OF AGEING SKIN
- Omega-9-rich Jamaican Black Castor Oil is popular for BEARD GROWTH & CARE.
- PROMOTING THICKNESS, LENGTH & GROWTH of eyebrows & eyelashes
3. Rosewater, Vinegar & Egg Mask For Healthy, Shiny Hair
The egg is rich in protein and is known to be beneficial for your hair. Vinegar helps to maintain the pH balance of your scalp and hair.
- Rosewater- ½ cup
- Eggs – 3
- Vinegar- ½ teaspoon
- Take 3 eggs and beat them until fluffy.
- Add rosewater and vinegar to it. Blend it well.
- Apply on your scalp and hair, massage it well for 5 minutes.
- Let it remain for 30 minutes and wash off.
4. Rosewater And Aloe Vera For Dandruff
The anti-inflammatory property of aloe vera is beneficial in treating itchy scalp. It keeps your scalp well hydrated, thereby reducing dandruff and flaky scalp.
- Aloe Vera- 2 tablespoon
- Tea Tree Oil- 2-3 drops
- Rosewater- 2 tablespoon
- Take rosewater and aloe vera in equal quantities, mix well.
- To this add few drops of aloe vera and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes and wash off with a sulfate-free mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a week.
Regular application of this mixture helps to keep your scalp hydrated and well-nourished, thereby providing relief from itchy scalp.
ANVEYA AUSTRALIAN TEA TREE OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- Works on ACNE, SCARS & PIGMENTATION due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Application in treating SKIN, NAIL & TOE INFECTIONS
- Great for HAIR. Fights against DANDRUFF with its antifungal properties
- Diffuse for fresh & CLEAN HOME
Rosewater is a must-have ingredient in your beauty arsenal. Rosewater mist can be used to keep your strands hydrated, frizz-free and shiny. It gives a refreshing fragrance to your hair as well.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.