The fatty acids in castor oil play an essential role in restoring and maintaining the moisture level of your skin. This and a ton of other benefitting properties make castor oil an ideal natural alternative to many chemical-based or store-bought products. Here we explore what is castor oil, its benefits for your face, how you can apply it, tips and precautions and a few castor oil products you could pick from the market.
What is Castor Oil?
Castor oil is a wonderful oil which can be used for its various face and skin benefits, not to mention its benefits for hair and human health in general. This oil is derived from the seeds of the castor bean plant. Interestingly, this plant has been referred to as the “Palme Christe”, as its leaves were said to resemble the palm of Christ Himself.
What are Castor Oil's Benefits for Face?
- A proven skin benefit of castor oil is its hydrating property. If helps in keeping your skin young. Its application leaves your skin supple, soft, smooth and revitalized.
- Prevents and heals inflamed skin. Sunburns, dry skin, and acne are some of the issues castor oil can help heal.
- It is helpful in healing acne. While it might seem counterintuitive to use oil for those with acne problems, castor oil dissolves dead skin cells, removing anything that is clogging your pores. The presence of helpful fatty acids in castor oil keeps your skin moisturized and controls oil production on your face. Ricinoleic acid in castor oil fights off acne-causing bacteria. Thus, castor oil is extremely beneficial in the treatment of acne.
- The high fatty acid content in castor oil is beneficial in fading blemishes and acne scars by penetrating through the scar tissue and encouraging the growth of healthy skin tissues.
- It aids in reducing pigmentation and ensuring an even skin tone. This is again, due to its high fatty acid content which aids the production of healthy tissue.
- It is important for eyesight health, it even helps reduce the dark circles under your eyes.
Also Read : Castor Oil for Eyes - Benefits and Uses
You can check out Jamaican Black castor Oil from Anveya, It is an age-old secret for hair health and growth. In addition to its skin benefits, this oil has its reputation for tackling hair loss, improving hair growth and fullness and is used widely for eyebrows and eyelashes too.
ANVEYA JAMAICAN BLACK CASTOR OIL, COLD-PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Jamaican Black Castor oil is a popular and natural oil for HAIR HEALTH & GROWTH
- Antioxidant properties of Jamaican Black Castor Oil helps FIGHT THE SIGNS OF AGEING SKIN
- Omega-9-rich Jamaican Black Castor Oil is popular for BEARD GROWTH & CARE.
- PROMOTING THICKNESS, LENGTH & GROWTH of eyebrows & eyelashes
How to Apply Castor Oil on Face
Castor oil is the thick and yellow-colored vegetable oil which is a rich source of several beneficial fatty acids, omega 6, minerals, vitamin E and ricinoleic acid. To enjoy castor oil for its facial benefits, massage it onto your face by following the following steps
- You should either wash your face with lukewarm water or give it some steam. The idea is to unclog and open up your pores. Pat dry gently afterward, before applying the oil.
- Soak the cotton in lukewarm oil, and massage the oil onto your face in gentle, circular motions. You can do the same using your clean fingers as well.
- Leave the oil on for a couple of hours or overnight
- Washing it off with cold water. Pat your face dry.
- Repeat twice weekly to imbibe the maximum benefits possible.
Things to Consider While Choosing Castor Oil
Due to beneficial properties, castor oil is popular and you can obtain it from a bunch of brands online and offline. You should consider the following points before choosing any oil to buy:
- Always check the expiration date before buying castor oil.
- Many natural ingredients can cause allergies or skin irritation in some people, so always perform a skin patch test before investing in the long-term usage of castor oil.
- Castor oil has a greasy scent which makes several brands add additional aromatic compounds to castor oil. This might prove to be a source of irritants for your skin, so always check the brand before buying. Try to always buy castor oil from reputed sources.
- Ensure that the oil you buy has been cold pressed, so as to be sure that no chemicals were used during extraction.
- Castor oil from reputed brands to avoid the presence of hexane or the toxin ricin.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.