SUMMARY: BEST | EXTREMELY SAFE TO BE USED IN PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS | APPROVED BY REGULATORY BODIES
A renowned cosmetics ingredient that is safe to be used in most of the personal care products for providing intense hydration.
WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID: Hyaluronic acid is renowned for its ability to hydrate the skin. It is a skin tissue component whose synthesized variations are widely used in personal care products. It’s one of the most popular ingredients and can be found in almost all skincare ingredients like serums, face masks and moisturizers. It is also prominently used in hair care products like hair serums, shampoos, conditioners and oil mists. It is generally safe to use for all skin types and can give the skin a radiant and dewy effect. It is capable of holding up to 1000 times its weight in water which makes it an excellent hydrating agent.
REVIEW OF HYALURONIC ACID
|Name of Brand/ Organization||Paula's Choice||EWG||CIR||FDA||EU Cosmetics Regulation|
Hyaluronic acid is used widely in the personal care products. Top regulatory bodies like FDA (Food and Drug Administration ensures the safety, efficacy and security of humans by making sure that cosmetics are safe to use), CIR (Cosmetic Ingredient Review thoroughly investigates the safety of ingredients used in cosmetics), EU Cosmetics Regulation (It ensures the safety of the consumers while using the cosmetic products) and EWG (Environmental Working Group Skin Deep is a cosmetic data base for ensuring the safety of ingredients being used in personal care products) along with popular skin care brand Paula's Choice have rated it safe for use in cosmetics, personal care products.
BENEFITS OF HYALURONIC ACID: Nicknamed as fountain of youth, Hyaluronic acid has the following benefits
- Makes skin plumper: It makes skin plumper, radiant and hydrated.
- Acts as humectant: It retains moisture and has the ability to hold 1,000 times its weight in water. It hydrates the scalp and hair strands, thus preventing the breakage of hair and hair fall
- Prevents breakouts: It balances the moisture of your skin that ceases the over production of oil and thereby, prevents breakouts.
- Possesses anti-ageing properties: Long term use of it reduces formation of fine lines, smoothens out wrinkles and fights other signs of ageing skin.
- Prevents sagging of the skin: By boosting the skin’s moisture content it makes sure that the skin does not sag and helps maintain youthfulness in the skin.
- Refines skin texture: It smoothens the texture of the skin and rejuvenates the skin.
- Protects skin: It acts as a protective barrier against the harmful environmental aggressors and maintains the overall health of skin and hair.
- Prevents pigmentation: It reduces formation of age spots and pigmentation.
Thus, this ingredient is widely used in personal care products.