There are many different types of essential oil which helps to get rid of acne scars. Using essential oils is a natural and cost-friendly way to get smooth and healthy skin.
How Essential Oils Help To Treat Acne Scars?
One of the main causes of acne is the production of stress hormones and clogging up our pores due to oil production and bacteria. A variety of essential oils can help reduce instances of these problems and get rid of acne.
10 Best Essential Oils to Get Rid of Acne Scars Mentioned below are 10 essential oil to remove acne scars. Read along to find out how you can use these to get blemish-free skin.
1. Helichrysum Essential Oil For Acne Scars
This oil is obtained from a beautiful and vibrant yellow or reddish coloured flower, which is also known as everlasting because of its awesome ability to retain its original colour even when the petals have dried. The oil has a pleasant fruity smell with honey and tea undertones.
Benefits Of Using Helichrysum Oil
- Gets rid of acne scars
- Helps in getting rid of wrinkles
- Healthy skin
- A glowing and youthful complexion
- Soothing effects
How To Use Helichrysum Oil
- Mix a few drops of helichrysum oil with few drops of coconut oil or mix it with your daily facial cleanser.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Repeat this procedure 3 times a week to get the best results.
Side Effects Of Using Helichrysum Oil
- It can result in redness if you have sensitive skin.
- Skin irritation
2. Frankincense Essential Oil For Acne Scars
Frankincense oil has a fresh and clean smell. It has an earthy aroma with warm, fruity and spicy undertones. The oil is pale golden in colour. Frankincense oil blends well with many other essential oils such as orange, lavender, sandalwood, lemongrass, peppermint, cedarwood oil etc.
Benefits Of Using Frankincense Oil
- Reduce the appearance of acne scars
- Remove wrinkles
- Lift and Tighten skin
- Naturally, slow the signs of ageing
How To Use Frankincense Oil
- You can use frankincense oil by adding a few drops of the oil to your daily night or day cream.
- You can also use it as a toner by mixing it with water or vodka.
Side Effects Of Using Frankincense Oil
- Rashes on sensitive skin
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Stomach pain
- Hyperacidity and nausea
3. Lemon Essential Oil For Acne Scars
It has a strong citric aroma and is mostly clear in colour but can have a green undertone of it is made from green lemons. It is mostly used in aromatherapy. It is made from lemon peel and has many health benefits. Lemon essential oil blends well with Frankincense, Geranium, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Sandalwood, and Ylang Ylang.
Benefits Of Using Lemon Oil
- Detoxify and rejuvenates skin
- Reduce excess oil from the skin
- Get rid of pimples, acne, and acne scars
- Bring back glow to dull skin
- Get rid of dark spots
How To Use Lemon Oil
- Add 7 drops of lemon essential oil on 4 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply it on the affected area before bedtime.
- Wash your face in the morning.
Side Effects Of Using Lemon Oil
- Can result is rashes and irritation when applied to sensitive skin.
- When used in high doses can cause dizziness, vomiting, seizures and other problems.
4. Lavender Essential Oil For Acne Scars
Good quality lavender oil has a sweet, floral, and woody smell. It is pale yellow in colour. Lavender oil blends well with Rose, Geranium, Lemon, Tangerine, Patchouli, bergamot, Sweet Orange, Cedarwood, Grapefruit, Frankincense, Pine, Rosemary, Clary Sage, etc.
Benefits Of Lavender Oil
- Cure anxiety
- Improves sleep and brain function
- Heal Wounds
- Reduce acne
- Slow ageing process
How To Use Lavender Oil
- Mix 4-5 drops of lavender oil with coconut oil and apply it on your face.
- This will not only give you nourished blemish-free skin but also moisturize your skin and make it feel smooth and healthy.
Side Effects Of Using Lavender Oil
- Can cause headache
- Lead to constipation
- Increased appetite
- Can cause skin irritation when used topically.
5. Geranium Essential Oil For Acne Scar
Geranium has a rosy- floral sweet aroma which can be described as feminine smell. It has clear to pale yellow/green colour. Geranium Essential Oil blends especially well with essential oils in the citrus, floral, wood and mint families.
Benefits Of Geranium Oil
- Solve Female reproduction disorder
- Cure fatigue, depression, and emotional crisis.
- Heal bruises, acne, and wounds
How To Use Geranium Oil
- Geranium oil can be applied directly to the acne affected area.
- If you wish you can mix it with other essential oils.
- It helps in reducing acne and scaring.
Side Effects Of Using Geranium Oil
- Might Develop a rash or
- The burning sensation for sensitive skin type
- Cause eye irritation when applied to the face
6. Cedar Wood Oil For Acne Scar
Cedarwood essential oil has an earthy and woody smell like that of a rainy day in a forest. The oil is copper or yellow in colour. Cedarwood essential oil blends well with Benzoin, Cypress, Frankincense, Jasmine, Lime, Bergamot, Cinnamon, Juniper, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Rose, Rosemary and Neroli.
Benefit Of Cedar Wood Oil
- Improve inflammatory skin conditions
- Soothe dry scalp
- Promote hair growth
- Treat oily and acne-prone skin
How To Use Cedar Wood Oil
- Add a few drops of cedarwood oil with some carrier oil or facial scrub.
- Use this method to treat acne but first don’t forget to do a skin patch test first.
Side Effects Of Using Cedar Wood Oil
- As this oil is very strong it can cause damage to the digestive system.
- Or cause nausea and vomiting
- Excessive thirst
7. Rosemary Essential Oil For Acne Scar
Rosemary oil has a clear refreshing and herbal aroma which makes one's heart feel lighter and refreshed. It is clear in colour. Rosemary essential oil blends well with basil, frankincense, sage, lemongrass, lavender, thyme, citronella, chamomile, peppermint, and eucalyptus essential oil.
Benefits Of Using Rosemary Essential Oil
- Get rid of bad breath
- Acne oil treatment
- Natural deodorant
- Stimulate hair growth
- Ease stress
How To Use Rosemary Essential Oil
- Take equal parts of rosemary oil and primrose.
- Add 2 parts of any carrier oil of your choice.
- Apply the oil on your face and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water
Side Effects Of Using Rosemary Oil
Consuming undiluted rosemary oil can cause
- uterine bleeding,
- kidney irritation,
- increased sun sensitivity,
- skin redness, and allergic reactions.
8. Hyssop Essential Oil For Acne Scar
Hyssop oil has a sweet, and warm smell. The colour ranges from colourless to pale yellow-green. Hyssop essential oil blends well with other essential oils such as geranium, lemon, lavender, rosemary clary sage, grapefruit, and oranges.
Benefits Of Using Hyssop Oil
- Fights off infection
- Heal wounds and acne scars
- Detoxify the body
- Proper digestion
How To Use Hyssop Oil
- Add a few drops of hyssop oil with a mild carrier oil.
- Apply it on the affected area for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
Side Effects Of Using Hyssop Oil
- Can lead to a miscarriage
- Cause seizures in patients who have a history with seizures
- Allergic reactions
9. Tea Tree Oil For Acne Scars
Tea tree oil has a fresh camphoraceous odor and a colour that ranges from pale yellow to nearly colourless and clear. tea tree oil blends particularly well with cinnamon, clary sage, cloves, lemon, myrrh, nutmeg, rosewood, geranium, lavender, rosemary and thyme.
Benefits Of Using Tea Tree Oil
- Get rid of spots and pimples
- Moisturize your skin
- Treat infections
- Soothing skin conditions
- Treat dandruff and dry scalp
- Treat acne scars
How To Use Tea Tree Oil
- Mix tea tree oil with aloe vera gel.
- Using a cotton ball apply it on the affected area.
- Wait for an hour or overnight.
Side Effects Of Using Tea Tree Oil
- It can cause skin irritation and swelling.
- Also result in skin dryness and itching.
- Allergic reactions such as redness and burning sensation.
- Tea tree oil is consumed it can cause confusion, inability to walk, unsteadiness, rash, and coma.
Know More: Tea Tree Oil For Acne Benefits,Uses And More
10. Clary Sage Essential Oil For Acne Scars
Clary sage oil has a sweet nutty aroma. It is a pale yellow-green in colour. Clary sage oil blends well with florals like geranium oil, lemon oil, bergamot oil, lavender oil, jasmine oil and neroli oil, and other citrus oils, as well as wood oils such as cedarwood oil, frankincense oil, and sandalwood oil.
Benefits Of Using Clary Sage Oil
- Stress reduction
- Reduce menstrual cramps
- It is a natural antidepressant
- Kill bacteria causing acne
How To Use Clary Sage Oil
- Apply one or two drops of clary sage oil on the affected area using a cotton ball.
- You can dilute it with coconut oil.
- Massage the mixture into your skin.
Side Effects Of Using Clary Sage Oil
- Clary sage oil is usually safe to use and consume.
- It is best to avoid during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
ANVEYA 100% PURE AND NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS, 15ML
Written By - Shireen Khan
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.