Grooming involves not just your face but your whole body. To be more confident and presentable you should always look good, feel good and smell good. Not just women, men also need to groom themselves. Not long ago, a well-fitting suit and shoes were the only 2 things that were considered to be important when it came to the men’s styling section. Grooming has long been ignored by men, until recently when beauty brands started bombarding the beauty industry with men’s grooming products. Men tend to ignore the basics of grooming. This article is the complete guide to men’s grooming basics and best grooming tips for men.
Contrary to what influencers on Instagram may lead you to believe, grooming or personal care does not have to be a 2-3 hour process. Grooming is important for men to look presentable and feel good as there is nothing wrong in wanting to put your best foot forward. Grooming involves your complete body care from top to bottom. You need to have a perfect grooming routine for yourself, but the steps involved in it depends on your personal choice and preferences. There are some essential steps in men’s personal grooming regime which you cannot afford to miss. Read on to have complete knowledge on how to build a grooming routine for men that works.
Skin Care For Men
Your skin is the most exposed part of your body and is more prone to infections. It is important to maintain proper hygiene to have healthy skin. Your face is the first thing that people notice, so make sure that your face looks well-nourished, hydrated and presentable always. The CTM skincare routine is not restricted to women, even men can follow the same routine to have a healthy, glowing face.
- Cleansing: Understand your skin type and chose a cleanser according to your skin type. If you have oily skin, go for a skincare product that is specially designed for people with oily skin. Always ensure that your cleanser is not harsh on your skin, avoid alcohol-based cleansers.
- Toning: Toners are best for people with oily skin as they absorb excess oil from your face, giving a refreshed and rejuvenated glow to your face. It also maintains the pH balance of your skin. Toning also helps to reduce large open pores.
- Moisturizing: Moisturizer improves the look of your skin. It makes your skin soft and smooth, preventing dryness. Make sure that your apply moisturizer on a clean face. Look for hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerine, Vitamins B5 and A (for maximum hydration) and powerful antioxidants like Vitamins C and E which fight free radicals and prevent cell damage. Look for a moisturizer with good SPF, as it helps to protect your skin from the UV rays when you are out in the sun.
- Exfoliation: Exfoliation is a process of removing dead skin cells and debris from the surface of your skin, making your skin glow. It also helps increase the turnover of the cells and makes your skin healthy. You can exfoliate your skin twice a week.
- Mask: You can apply a hydrating and skin-nourishing mask once a week. Choose a face mask best suited for the needs of your skin. Charcoal or clay face masks are best for unclogging the blocked pores and is effective in removing excess oil.
- Facial Serums: You can use facial serums in combination with moisturizers as they help to improve the texture and appearance of your skin. Serums rich in Vitamin C reduces dark spots, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, making your skin well moisturized, clear and youthful. You can apply the facial serum after cleansing and toning your face, follow it up with a moisturizer.
- Shaving: It is your choice whether you want a clean shaved look or have a beard, you need to maintain your facial hair as this is the most important part of men’s grooming routine. Use a good razor to have a clean shave look and use a beard trimmer to shape the beard.
Dental Care For Men
Maintaining oral hygiene is an integral part of a personal grooming routine. You may want to flash your pearly white teeth to have a confident smile. Brush your teeth twice a day, maintain healthy gums and floss your teeth after every meal. You can use a mouth wash after brushing your teeth to have a fresh mouth. If you do not maintain proper oral hygiene, it can lead to tooth decay, mouth odour and gum problems.
Haircare For Men
Hair is known to be a crowning glory not just for women but for men also as it adds charm to your personality. Maintaining a healthy scalp and hair is also an integral part of your grooming routine.
- Cleansing: Choose a shampoo and conditioner which best suits your hair type. The shampoo helps to cleanse your scalp, hair and the conditioner keeps your hair moisturized. You can use a clarifying shampoo once a month to get rid of the product buildup on your strands. If you have an oily scalp, wash your hair every day otherwise applying shampoo twice or thrice a week will be sufficient.
- Hair Cut: Give yourself a cool haircut with suits your face. A regular haircut is a very important part of your personal care routine.
- Hair Styling: You can style your hair using a hair serum, gel or mousse. It helps you to achieve a more polished look giving your hair a better hold.
Bodycare For Body
Personal grooming involves not only your skin and hair but your whole body as well. You need to have healthy, well-nourished and hydrated skin. Not only skin, but other parts of the body also need a little bit of pampering.
- Hands & Feet: Pedicures and manicures are meant not only for women, but men can also harness their benefits. Always make it a point to moisturize your hands and feet, the best time to do it is after a shower so that your skin absorbs and retains maximum moisture. Cut the nails of your hands and feet once a week and use a nail filer to smoothen the edges of the nail.
- Body Hair Removal: Shaving your body hair especially chest, neck, back completely depends on personal preference. Use a trimmer or a razor to shave the hair of your chest, neck and back.
- Manscaping: It is an essential part of your grooming routine. Manscaping involves trimming the hair between the crevices and keep those areas clean so that sweat does not buildup and prevents stinking.
Choosing The Right Fragrance
You can choose a masculine fragrance that suits your personality. Instead of body spray (deodorant), choose a perfume whose fragrance lasts for a longer time. A good fragrance makes you feel more confident and has a good impression on people as well. Once you have found the right fragrance for yourself you can make it your signature fragrance.
Irrespective of gender, grooming is extremely essential for both men and women. A well-groomed man is more confident and adds charm to your personality.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.