It is not the first time you will be reading about the benefits of hot oil massage for hair. Mothers and grandmothers have been praising the benefits of oil for the hair since forever. Lukewarm oil massaged well into the hair and scalp regularly does wonders for the health and looks of your hair. Even if you find it to be a tedious task, your opinion is going to change after you read this article. A variety of natural oils can be used for a hot oil massage, a list of those will be covered in this article as well.
Hot Oil Massage Benefits For Hair
The list of benefits of a hot oil massage for hair growth is long. From treating the damaged hair to promoting the hair growth, hot oil massage does it all. It is one of the most versatile and inexpensive remedies to resolve 100% of your hair problems. Here are 10 unique benefits of hot oil massage for hair.
1. Nourishes Hair
Hair needs a variety of nutrients to keep growing in a healthy fashion. This balance of nutrition can be accomplished by the hot oil massage. It moisturizes the scalp from deep within and leaves no room for dryness.
2. Shiny Hair
It is impossible for a substance to not impart shine to the hair, which itself is so glossy. Hot oil massage relaxes the scalp and imparts an amazing shine to the hair. Practising this remedy twice a week can work wonders for your hair and make it gorgeous and flawless.
3. Hair Growth
You can use hot oil massage for hair growth. Massaging of the scalp with hot oil addresses the root of the hair and strengthens it. If the roots are strong, the hair growth will automatically be decent.
4. Removes Dandruff
Dandruff in hair is a result of dry scalp. Hot oil massage treats the dry scalp and removes the dead skin cells. Make sure to incorporate hot oil massage for dandruff.
5. Strong Hair
The hair growth is often hindered because of the weak hair. Yes, if the hair is weak, it will obstruct the growth and won‚Äôt let it grow further. But, hair can be made stronger by massaging hot oil onto it. It replenishes the hair with vital vitamins and proteins needed to preserve its strength.
6. Thick Hair
What‚Äôs the point if the hair has grown long, but has no volume? The problem of hair thinning too can be combated by the hot oil massage.
7. Treats Split Ends
Split ends are one of the many reasons that obstruct hair growth. They inhibit growth. The issue of split ends can be resolved by hot oil massage. All you have to do it is massage the oil on your scalp and work it through the tips of your hair.
The hair has to go through a lot of exposure to harmful chemicals, dyes and heat as well. All this leaves our hair dull and brittle. The damage can be reversed by massaging the scalp with hot oil.
9. Prevents Hair Fall
This is the straight consequence of a healthy scalp. A healthy scalp leads to less hair fall. Hot oil massage significantly improves hair health. Thus, you can use hot oil massage for hair loss.
10. Prevents Frizz
Regular massaging of hot oil on your scalp and hair remedies the problem of frizziness.
How To Prepare Hot Oil For Massage
The preparation of hot oil for massage is no hard ask. Just follow the steps mentioned below and it will be ready in no time.
What You Will Need
- The oil that you will be using to massage
- A bowl
- A saucepan
- Shower Cap
- Pour some oil in a bowl and place the bowl in hot water in the saucepan.
- Heat the oil enough that you don't burn your fingers while applying to your scalp.
- Now with the help of your fingertips, apply the oil to your scalp and cover the entire scalp.
- Now cover the length of your hair with the hot oil.
- After you are done, start massaging the scalp in circular motions with a little bit of pressure.
- Now cover the hair with a shower cap to avoid messiness and leave it on for an hour.
- After one hour, wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
How To Do Hot Oil For Massage For Hair At Home?
Here is how you can apply the hot oil to your scalp and massage it, to experience the best results.
What You Will Need
- Hair Comb
- Shower cap
- The first point to be kept in mind is that you should cover the entire scalp. The scalp should be thoroughly covered in the hot oil before you start massaging.
- Before applying the oil make sure to disentangle your hair properly and get rid of all the knots with the help of your comb.
- Put the towel around your shoulders to avoid staining your clothes with oil.
- Dip your fingertips in the oil and start applying to your hair.
- Once the entire scalp and hair have been covered start massaging your scalp in circular motions.
- Continue massaging for another 10 minutes.
- Now, make your hair into a top-notch bun and put on a shower cap.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Wash your hair in the morning with shampoo.
- Condition your hair.
Oils You Can Use For Massage
I have enlisted 5 oils that have been found to be most beneficial to promote the scalp as well as hair health.
1. Hot Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a versatile oil that not only enhances the taste of your meals but also offers amazing benefits to your hair. It significantly promotes hair growth. It is packed with vital nutrients like vitamins and fatty acids that leave no room for damage and infections.
2. Almond Oil
Almond is a rich source of magnesium that prevents the hair fall and improves hair health. Try almond warm oil massage for healthy hair.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil tops our list when it comes to treating the scalp problems. It hydrates the scalp from deep within. It is loaded with vitamin E and antioxidants that prevent hair damage and make it stronger and healthier.
4. Castor Oil
Castor oil plays an important role in resolving the issue of hair thinning. It adds volume to the hair and makes it shiny and beautiful.
5. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil prevents the clogging of hair follicles and thus, prevents hair loss. Not only that, it also treats the frizziness and conditions the hair.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.