You make changes in your clothing according to the weather condition. During winter, you grab a pullover, jacket, scarf to protect yourself from the cold weather. Similarly, during summer you would like to wear loose-fitting clothes, a hat to make yourself feel comfortable. But have you ever given a thought that the changing climatic conditions not only affect your body but your skin as well? Just as you make changes in your attire according to climate, similarly you need to make some minute changes in your skincare routine as well to make your skin look healthy and radiant throughout the year. These changes help to protect your skin from dryness and breakouts. In this article, you will get to know how the transition in climatic conditions affects your skin and how to take care of your skin as per the changing climatic conditions.
How Do Climatic Conditions Affect Your Skin?
Rapid climatic fluctuation can make it difficult for your skin to adjust to new conditions. With the approach of winter, as the temperature and humidity suddenly fall, your skin needs to work hard to maintain the hydration levels of your skin. The transition in the climatic conditions disrupts the protective barrier of the skin leading to various skincare issues.
You might have noticed that during winter, your skin becomes dry, rough and itchy. You need to apply a good amount of moisturizer to keep dryness at bay during winters. But excess oil in the moisturizer can lead to breakouts. So, layering your skin with a lot of moisturizers during winter is not the smartest thing to do.
The summer season also comes with its own set of skincare issues. Increased heat accompanied by humidity can lead to oily skin, clogged pores, sunburn, suntan. During summers, light moisturizers with good SPF is a must.
Along with the temperature change, many other factors add to your skincare woes such as a subsequent change in the lifestyle according to climate changes. During winters you prefer to stay indoors, switch on room heaters, take hot showers, all of which contributes to skin dryness and inflammation. In summer your skin is exposed to harmful sun rays leading to suntan and sunburn.
You should be able to interpret the needs of your skin during the seasonal transition and follow a skincare regime accordingly. If you notice your skin condition becoming worse, it is better to consult a dermatologist as they will recommend skincare products or treatments that will help your skin.
How To Take Care Of Your Skin During These Seasonal Changes?
Seasonal changes take a toll on your skin making it look dull, dry, more prone to breakout. Your skin requires time to adapt to the temperature changes in the environment. Some very simple skincare hacks are ignored by us many times. Here we will be explaining how to take care of your skin during the transition of season.
- During the transition of season, the humidity is very low, our skincare expert recommends avoiding hot showers and limiting the time of your shower to not more than 5 minutes.
- During summers, use a gentle and moisturizing body wash. After the shower, apply a thick moisturizing cream on your damp skin. Look for hydrating ingredients in your moisturizer such as hyaluronic acid, glycerine and ceramides.
- Use water-based skincare products during summers which get absorbed into the skin easily without making it look greasy.
- Include natural oils such as argan oil, jojoba oil, olive oil or almond oil in your regular skincare regime as these natural oils hydrate, nourish, revitalize and rejuvenate your skin. They make your skin look healthy, beautiful and radiant throughout the year. These natural oils can be used safely on any skin type.
- It is a good idea to introduce a hydrating serum into your skincare regime as serums are generally light in weight, get absorbed into the skin easily and keep your skin hydrated for a longer time.
- Irrespective of the climate, never miss out on applying moisturizers as many of us think that during summer your skin does not require moisturizer which is not true. Your skin needs hydration throughout the year. Use a gentle and light moisturizer during summers and a thick, creamy moisturizer during winters.
- During the hot and humid climate your skin produces excess sebum, so it always advisable to use an oil removing facial cleanser to get rid of the excess oil.
- Exposure to sun rays can have a damaging effect on your skin leading to the appearance of early signs of ageing. Always remember to apply sunscreen with good SPF before stepping out to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. You can use sunscreen all year round even when the weather is cold or cloudy.
- Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week to get rid of dead skin cells which make your skin dull and dry.
- Keep a watch on your diet, consume a balanced diet. Too much oily and junk food can also be a reason for breakouts. Most of us indulge in comfort eating during the cold or rainy season without realizing that it can also be a reason for breakouts. Avoid junk food, and include lots of fresh fruits and veggies in your diet. Include food rich in vitamins, proteins and minerals in your diet which helps to keep your skin healthy.
ANVEYA MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Great for CURLY HAIR & FRIZZY OR DRY HAIR.
- Regulates sebum and controls ACNE BREAKOUTS.
- Vitamin E & anti-oxidant rich – combats the SIGNS OF AGEING.
- Hydrates NAILS & LIPS
ANVEYA JOJOBA OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100 ML
- Natural and best way to WIPE OFF MAKEUP.
- Rich in Vitamin C, E, B, copper, and zinc to nourish the HAIR.
- Vitamin E and B-complex vitamins help SKIN REPAIR and damage control.
- Antioxidants provide ANTI-AGEING EFFECTS.
ANVEYA SWEET ALMOND OIL, COLD PRESSED ORGANIC, 100ML
- Antioxidant properties fight WRINKLES & SAGGING SKIN
- One of the best oils for MASSAGE
- Rejuvenates dead cells, moisturizes CHAPPED LIPS
Always keep a close check on the needs of your skin and change your skincare routine according to the need of your skin. The idea main is to protect the skin barrier from disrupting due to extreme climatic conditions and to make your skin look healthy, radiant all through the year. Your skin is the most sensitive organ of your body and requires constant care and attention to keep it soft, smooth and to add a healthy glow to it.
Also Read : Reciepes for Healthy Glowing Skin
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.