After a long and tiring day at work or after coming home from a long day at college, who doesn’t want to take a long relaxing and rejuvenating warm bath. To scrub off the dirt, dust from our body and just relax. Add to boost this experience you can add essential oils in bath water. Having a bath with few drops of essential oil can heal our skin, mind and body.
Why To Use Essential Oils For Bath?
Using essential oils for a relaxing bath is a great way of using essential oil. Not only will love the experience of having an essential oil bath but it will also prove to be very beneficial for your body. Soaking in a warm bath infused with essential oil will help in releasing all the toxins in your body. There are so many benefits of using essential oil bath recipes, it is going to help you relax and motivate yourself, promote happy thoughts, soothe the body when sick, increase blood circulation.
10 Best Essential Oils For Baths
There are so many essential oils you can buy to add while having a warm relaxing bath. In this article, we have picked 10 essential oils and mentioned about their smell, benefits, how to use and side effects.
1. Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium has a rosy- floral sweet aroma which can be described as feminine smell. It has clear to pale yellow/green colour. Geranium Essential Oil blends especially well with essential oils in the citrus, floral, wood and mint families.
Benefits Of Geranium Oil
- Solve Female reproduction disorder
- Cure fatigue, depression, and emotional crisis
- Balance out dry and oily skin
- Heal bruises, acne, and wounds
- Add 4 drops of geranium oil with 8 drops of rose essential oil, a tablespoon of coconut oil with a hand full of salt in a warm bath.
- This will provide relief for anxiety and uplift your mood.
- Might Develop a rash or
- The burning sensation for sensitive skin type
- Cause eye irritation when applied to the face
2. Lavender Essential Oil
Good quality lavender oil has a sweet, floral, and woody smell. It is pale yellow in colour. Lavender oil blends well with Rose, Geranium, frankincense, Pine, Lemon, Tangerine, Patchouli, Bergamot, Sweet Orange, Cedarwood, Grapefruit, Rosemary, Clary Sage, etc.
Benefits Of Lavender Oil
- Cure anxiety
- Improves sleep and brain function
- Heal Wounds
- Reduce acne
- Fight against inflammation
Also Read : How to Use Lavender Oil To Get Better Sleep
- For this homemade recipe you need 10 drops of Anveya's Lavender Oil, 5 drops of chamomile essential oil, one tablespoon of jojoba oil from Anveya and a handful of salt.
- Mix all the above-mentioned ingredients and then add it to the warm bath.
- Have good 30 minutes relaxing bath.
ANVEYA BULGARIAN LAVENDER OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- Its floral scent is great for RELAXATION & CALM SLEEP
- Use for Healthy HAIR & DANDRUFF RELIEF
- FACE CARE: Anti-inflammatory properties help Acne and Scars.
- MASSAGE & AROMATHERAPY: natural soothing oil for mind and body
- Can cause headache
- Lead to constipation
- Increased appetite
- Can cause skin irritation when used topically
3. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint oil has a sharp, fresh and menthol aroma. It is clear to pale yellow in colour. Peppermint oil blends well with Oregano, Marjoram, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Rosemary, and Tea Tree essential oils.
Benefits Of Using Peppermint Oil
- Help Relieve Tension
- Headaches and Migraines
- Freshen Your Breath
- Relieve Clogged Sinuses
- Improve Your Sleep
- Help reduce inflammation
- For this essential oil bath recipe you need 6-8 drops of peppermint oil, 5 drops of lavender oil, 2drops of clove oil, one tablespoon of jojoba oil.
- Mix the above-mentioned oils into the warm bath.
- This will help to relieve soreness, reduce sadness and relieve tension.
Why don't you check out Anveya Peppermint Essential Oil? It encourages living the good life by promoting the well-being of your skin, hair, body and home.
ANVEYA PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- COLD & CONGESTION: used as a decongestant
- HAIR & SCALP HEALTH: soothes the scalp, preventing dryness
- Good source of Vitamin E Benefits for SKIN
- A natural PAIN RELIEVER
- allergic reactions
- Burning mouth syndrome
- diarrhea with anal burning
- Flushing and headache
4. Lemon Essential Oil
It has a strong citric aroma and is mostly clear in colour but can have a green undertone of it is made from green lemons. It is mostly used in aromatherapy. It is made from lemon peal and has many health benefits. Lemon essential oil blends well with Eucalyptus, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Peppermint, Sandalwood, and Ylang Ylang.
Benefits Of Using Lemon Oil
- Detoxify and rejuvenates skin
- Improve focus
- Improve Cognitive ability
- Aid in treating depression
- Balance mood and prevent emotional reactions
- Mix 5 drops of lemon essential oil, 3 drops of eucalyptus oil and 4 drops basil oil with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add this mix of oils in your bath.
- the citric fragrance to feel relaxed and improve focus.
Can result is rashes and irritation when applied to sensitive skin.
When used in high doses, can cause dizziness, vomiting, seizures and other problems.
5. Orange Essential Oil
Orange oil has a pale orange-yellow colour. And it has a sweet, citrus and cheerful aroma. Orange essential oil blends well with essential oils of cinnamon, cloves, frankincense, ginger, black pepper, sandalwood, and vetiver.
Benefits Of Orange Oil
- Anti-inflammatory properties help treat arthritis
- Detoxify the body
- Helps in relaxing
- Kills germs and bacteria
- Boost immune system
- Mix 6 drops of orange oil, 2 drops of clove oil and 3 drops ginger oil with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and hand full of salt.
- Pour this oil mix in the warm bath.
- This will help you feel relaxed and rejuvenated specially if you are suffering from cold.
You can check out Anveya's Brazilian Orange Essential oil relieves inflammation and uplifts your mood. This sweet citrus blend extracted from fresh orange peels has a cleansing and anti-ageing effect on your skin.
ANVEYA ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- Great for SKIN, FACE & ACNE
- Hair Health: Prevents CLOGGED PORES or the formation of fungal infections.
- Mood-Lifting AROMATHERAPY: Enjoy the fresh, citrusy aroma
- Orange oil doesn't have any major side effects.
- It may cause skin irritation, so do a skin patch test before using the oil.
- Is pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your doctor first.
6. Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary oil has a clear refreshing and herbal aroma which makes one's heart feel lighter and refreshed. It is clear in colour. Rosemary essential oil blends well with basil, frankincense, sage, thyme, citronella, chamomile, lemongrass, lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus essential oil.
Benefits Of Using Rosemary Essential Oil
- Get rid of bad breath
- Acne oil treatment
- Natural deodorant
- Ease stress
- Improve cognition and concentration
- Improve brain function
- Take 20 drops of rosemary oil, 5 drops of lemon oil, 5 drops of basil oil and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- This recipe is best for those days when you feel overworked, this is going to help you in mental stimulation.
Consuming undiluted rosemary oil can cause
- increased sun sensitivity
- kidney irritation
- uterine bleeding
- skin redness, and allergic reactions
7. Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage oil has a sweet nutty Aroma. It is pale yellow-green in colour. Clary sage oil blends well with florals like geranium oil, lavender oil, jasmine oil and neroli oil, lemon oil, bergamot oil, and other citrus oils, as well as wood oils such as frankincense oil, cedarwood oil, and sandalwood oil.
Benefits Of Using Clary Sage Oil
- Stress reduction
- Reduce menstrual cramps
- It is a natural antidepressant
- Kill bacteria causing acne
- Mix few drops of clary sage oil with 2-3 drops of jasmine oil to your bath.
- Taking a relaxing bath in this oil infused bath will help you to calm your scenes and feel relaxed.
- Clary sage oil is usually safe to use and consume.
- It is best to avoid during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
8. Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense oil has a fresh and clean smell. It has an earthy aroma with warm, fruity and spicy undertones. The oil is pale golden in colour. Frankincense oil blends well with many other essential oils such as sandalwood, lemongrass, peppermint, orange, lavender, cedarwood oil etc. Frankincense oil reduces the level of inflammation and relieves pain in the joints.
Benefits Of Using Frankincense Oil
- Act as a sleep aid
- Improve memory
- Helps in balancing hormones
- Reduce stress and negative emotions
- Take 10 drops of frankincense oil, 5 drops of lavender oil, 5 drops of bergamot oil and one cup of full-fat milk.
- Add this oil and milk mixture to your way bath.
- This is going to prevent restlessness and anxiety.
- Potential side effects include some skin irritation.
- Safety of use during pregnancy and lactation are unknown at this time.
- Rashes on sensitive skin
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Stomach pain
- Hyperacidity and nausea
9. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil has a fresh camphoraceous odour and a colour that ranges from pale yellow to nearly colourless and clear. tea tree oil blends particularly well with cinnamon, clary sage, clove, geranium, lavender, lemon, myrrh, nutmeg, rosewood, rosemary and thyme.
Benefits Of Using Tea Tree Oil
- Treat infections
- Soothing skin conditions
- Treat dandruff and dry scalp
- Treat acne
- Relax and soothe anxiety
- Reduce inflammation
- Reduce allergy symptoms
- Mix 2 drops Anveya's Tea Tree Oil, 2 drops of pine oil, 5 drops of lemon oil and 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil.
- Add this oil mix in your warm bath.
- Taking a bath in this oil infused bath will help in immune boosting.
ANVEYA AUSTRALIAN TEA TREE OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- Works on ACNE, SCARS & PIGMENTATION due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Application in treating SKIN, NAIL & TOE INFECTIONS
- Great for HAIR. Fights against DANDRUFF with its antifungal properties
- Diffuse for fresh & CLEAN HOME
Tea tree oil when consumed it can cause confusion, inability to walk, unsteadiness, rash, and coma.
10. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus has a clear, sharp, fresh, woody and very distinctive smell, and is pale yellow in colour. Eucalyptus oil blends well with Cedarwood, chamomile, cypress, geranium, ginger, grapefruit, juniper, lavender, lemon, marjoram, peppermint, pine, rosemary, and thyme essential oils. This oils help in case you are feeling drowsy while driving.
Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil
- Improve respiratory conditions
- Relieve cough
- Improve seasonal allergies
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- fights infection
- Boost mental clarity
Eucalyptus essential oil has been used for generations to cure respiratory ailments and wounds. It is great to massage oil, and its aroma helps with focus and tackling exhaustion. We recommend adding Anveya Eucalyptus Oil to your skin, hair and health care.
ANVEYA EUCALYPTUS OIL, 100% PURE, 15ML
- HAIR & SCALP Health
- Helps to overcome ACNE & BLEMISHES
- Use during COLD COUGH & SORE THROAT.
- Antispasmodic and relieves STRAINED MUSCLES.
- Take 10 drops of peppermint oil, 5 drops of eucalyptus oil and a tablespoon of sesame seed oil.
- Mix this oil blend in to warm water.
- This will help in curing headache that is caused due to sinus congestion
It can cause skin irritation for some people, so it is better to test the oil in a small patch of skin before using it.
Disclaimer: All the content on anveya.com/blogs is solely for information. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health care provider. The information, suggestion or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.